Cooperative Agreement for a National Research and Training Organization for People with Developmental and other Disabilities (U01)
The summary for the Cooperative Agreement for a National Research and Training Organization for People with Developmental and other Disabilities (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cooperative Agreement for a National Research and Training Organization for People with Developmental and other Disabilities (U01): . The purpose of this program is to strengthen the nations capacity to carry out public health activities in the areas of birth defects, developmental disabilities, and disability and health. The objectives are to: (1) facilitate research in birth defects and developmental disabilities; (2) promote the health and well being of people with disabilities; (3) encourage cooperative research focusing on population-based data sets; and (4) train public health professionals to strengthen the nations expertise in the fields of birth defects, developmental disabilities, and children and adults with disabilities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cooperative Agreement for a National Research and Training Organization for People with Developmental and other Disabilities (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DD07-003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 01, 2007 Letter of Intent Receipt Date: Decem|
|Posted Date:||Nov 09, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Nov 09, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Mar 03, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Eligible Institutions -- Eligible applicants are already established national organizations that can demonstrate a current and effective capacity to work with entities in the field of clinical services, training, education, research, interdisciplinary program outreach to families and communities, and preventive interventions related to birth defects and developmental disabilities. This eligibility requires nationally recognized organizations with memberships or formal associations related to developmental disabilities and the prevention of secondary conditions for people who have a disability; and the already existing infrastructure and mechanism to disseminate research and training announcements, peer review, processing awards, and the monitoring and oversight of all research and training awardees. The eligible applicant should be an organization that can represent every state and most territories comprised of a large and broad-based structure representing professionals working with state public health agencies and academic communities in the areas of birth defects and developmental disabilities as well as consumers of these services. This unique structure and capacity should allow the implementation and conduct of investigator-initiated research at the point of service level for the programs and projects it supports. Hence the delivery of services and preventive interventions takes place at the institutional level where the project is based. This capacity allows the exportation and replication of successful programs among other member institutions for a larger population that can benefit from program successes with documented and well evaluated outcomes.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGOTIM@cdc.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2