Cooperative Program for Atmospheric Science Education
The summary for the Cooperative Program for Atmospheric Science Education grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cooperative Program for Atmospheric Science Education: NOAA's Environmental Literacy Program provides grants and in-kind support for programs that educate and inspire people to use Earth systems science to improve ecosystem stewardship and increase resilience to environmental hazards. We build capacity for institutions and networks to advance NOAA's mission through formal and informal education at national, regional, and local levels. The Environmental Literacy Program supports long-term partnerships that enable the education community to incorporate and deliver NOAA's latest scientific information on the topics of the ocean, coasts, weather, and climate. NOAA's Office of Education (OED) is requesting applications to establish an institutional award for a Cooperative Program for Atmospheric Science Education. This institutional award will support a long-term partnership with an organization of atmospheric science professionals with the capacity to offer and support (1) sustained professional development at a national scale for K-12 educators and the faculty and staff who educate pre-service teachers and (2) scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students in atmospheric and related ocean and hydrologic sciences who are recruited from or plan to matriculate at accredited 4-year colleges and universities in the United States and its territories. These program components should address two or more of the goals and employ two or more objectives articulated in the 2015-2035 NOAA Education Strategic Plan (http://www.noaa.gov/explainers/noaa-education-strategic-plan). Eligible applicants are nonprofit organizations and institutions of higher education. Proposed programs must be 5 years in duration and have total federal requests of $300,000 to $500,000 for each of those 5 years. NOAA anticipates that awards funded under this announcement will be made by September 30, 2017 and will have a start date no earlier than October 1, 2017. Note: Templates and examples that may be helpful in preparing an application can be found at: http://www.noaa.gov/elp/grants/templates. Visit http://www.noaa.gov/elp/grants/faqs for answers to frequently asked questions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cooperative Program for Atmospheric Science Education|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-SEC-OED-2017-2005168|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 17th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 17th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||March 17th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||March 17th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||June 16th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 17th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are nonprofit organizations and institutions of higher education. For-profit organizations, individuals not affiliated with an eligible organization, state, local and Indian tribal governments in the United States, foreign institutions, foreign organizations and foreign government agencies are not eligible to apply. Federal agencies are not eligible to receive federal assistance under this announcement, but may be project partners. The Department of Commerce/National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (DOC/NOAA) is strongly committed to increasing the participation of Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs), i.e., Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic-serving institutions, Tribal colleges and universities, Alaskan Native and Native Hawaiian institutions, and institutions that work in underserved communities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Sarah Schoedinger or Jaime Frungillo at email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Ocean Sciences Competition for High School Students
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • Fiscal Year 2020 NOAA Gulf of Mexico Bay-Watershed Education and Training (B-WET) Program
- • FY2019-FY2018 NOAA New England Bay Watershed Education and Training (New England B-WET) Pr...
- • NOAA Gulf of Mexico NOAA Bay Watershed Education and Training (B-WET) Program
- • Environmental Literacy Grants for Informal/Nonformal Science Educatio
- • Environmental Literacy Grants for Formal K-12 Education
- • Ocean Education Partnership Grants for Professional Development and other Capacity-buildin...
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021