Costa Rica CARSI ESF
The summary for the Costa Rica CARSI ESF grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Other Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Costa Rica CARSI ESF: The U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica seeks proposals for grants in the range of $150,000 to $200,000 from organizations interested in combating drug use, drug distribution, and/or crime through projects targeting: 1) at risk youth, 2) border and/or coastal communities, and/or 3) prevention of involvement in drug use or distribution. In addition to projects that work directly with target populations, the U.S. Embassy encourages submission of proposals for using media or other public outreach (video, social media, a telephone tip line, etc.) to reach target populations. The U.S. Embassy in San Jose plans to award a total of $1,000,000 for a project period of up to 18 months. Applicants may apply for amounts of $150,000 and $200,000. The U.S. Embassy may award up to six grants which do not exceed the total of $1,000,000. The Embassy reserves the right not to award any funds based on the quality of the proposals received. Proposals should describe the approaches and/or mechanisms that the applicant would implement to deter the use of drugs and/or interaction with drug traffickers. Proposals must be designed for one-time funding only and have a sustainability plan to continue to have an impact after Grant funds have been exhausted. This funding will support United States Government (USG) objectives under the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI). Within Central America (Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama), CARSI is enhancing the capabilities of national law enforcement, border and customs, prosecutorial, judicial, and prison agencies. These improvements are strengthening partner governments' ability to fight burgeoning narco- and arms-trafficking, gangs and associated street and organized crime, which threatens the security of governments in the region. The success of programs under the CARSI framework will enhance citizen safety and advance a wide range of other U.S. and regional shared security priorities. These improved capabilities will also provide a stronger platform for sustained bilateral and multilateral partnerships between the U.S., Central American nations, and other regional states.
|Federal Grant Title:||Costa Rica CARSI ESF|
|Federal Agency Name:||Other Agency|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||2012|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs (WHA) Grant Programs (including Energy and Climate Partnership for the Americas)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 06, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 06, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Mar 19, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Mar 19, 2012|
|Archive Date:||May 06, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and non-profit organizations (NPOs).
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Stephen Carter Economic Assistant Phone (506)2519-2257
Office Email [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Civil Society Dialogue in Brazil and Colombia in Support of the Bureau of Western Hemisphe...
- • Strengthening Government through Civil Society Engagement
- • Strengthening Governance, Transparency, and Accountability in Panama
- • Strengthening Government Through Civil Society Engagement
- • Building Leaders in Cuban Civil Society Program
- • Pathways Challenge Grants - Request for Applications
- • ECPA Energy Efficiency Competition
- • Summer Leadership Program for Cuban Youth
- More Grants from the Other Agency
- • This is a test opporturtunity. Please DO NOT submit.
- • TEST-TEST-TEST-02-05-10
- • Test