Critical Illness and Injury in Aging (R01)
The summary for the Critical Illness and Injury in Aging (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Critical Illness and Injury in Aging (R01): Purpose. This FOA encourages Research Project Grant (R01) applications proposing to study mechanisms and management of critical illness and injury, including trauma and neurotrauma, in aging. Studies may be mechanistic, observational, or interventional in nature. Secondary analyses of existing datasets, such as from large observational studies or clinical trials, may be proposed. Animal studies are appropriate in cases where human studies are not feasible. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) grant mechanism and runs in parallel with a FOA of identical scientific scope, PA-10-044, that encourages applications under the R21 Exploratory/Developmental grant mechanism, PA-10-043, that encourages applications under the R03 Small Research grant mechanism. This FOA also runs in parallel with an FOA of similar scientific scope, PA-10-045, which encourages applications under the R34 clinical trial planning grant mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Critical Illness and Injury in Aging (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-10-042|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nursing Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Dec 01, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Dec 01, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Strategies to Improve Health Outcomes and to Reduce Disparities in Rural Populations (R01 ...
- • Patient Activation for Self-Management of Chronic Conditions (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Patient Activation for Self-Management of Chronic Conditions (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Omics-guided Biobehavioral Interventions for Improved Health Outcomes: A Step Forward in T...
- • Palliative Care in Home and Community Settings (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Ninr Career Transition Award (K22)
- • Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Individual Predoctoral Fell...
- • NINR Mentored Research Scientist Development Award for Underrepresented or Disadvantaged I...
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...