DC Small Park Reservations
The summary for the DC Small Park Reservations grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DC Small Park Reservations: Title: Cultural Landscapes Inventory & Ethnographic Assessment – DC Small Park Reservations This project will complete a cultural landscape overview and establish the framework for conducting Cultural Landscape Inventories (CLIs) and a Rapid Ethnographic Assessment Procedure (REAP) for the Plan of the City of Washington Public Reservations (Small Parks). The Plan of the City of Washington (1791 L'Enfant Plan and 1901-1902 McMillan Plans) Public Reservations is managed by three parks: National Mall and Memorial Parks (NAMA), Rock Creek Park (ROCR), and National Capital Parks East (NACE). The cooperator will be provided the Small Parks Management Strategies (2017) report with a list of approximately 300 small parks to be evaluated for this project that range in size from .00045 acres to seven acres. These parks serve multiple functions, including national and local commemoration, neighborhood parks, playgrounds, traffic circles, street medians and traffic islands. The project team will establish a framework for assessing the overall patterns for these small parks possibly related to but not limited to land use, urban design, neighborhood connections, and natural systems. The research findings from this effort will inform the strategies for completing CLIs and a REAP for the small park reservations.
|Federal Grant Title:||DC Small Park Reservations|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00308|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 13th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 13th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 31st, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 31st, 2017|
|Archive Date:||July 13th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$56,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$56,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 31st, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This is NOT a Request for Applications. This is a Notice of Intent to Award. This Agreement has previously competed under Agreement number P14AC00921.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- LaQuita Palmer
Grants Management Specialist
This is a Notice of Intent Only.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area