DNA Repository for the NIAAA National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related ConditionsIII (NESARCIII) (U24)
The summary for the DNA Repository for the NIAAA National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related ConditionsIII (NESARCIII) (U24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DNA Repository for the NIAAA National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related ConditionsIII (NESARCIII) (U24): The purpose of this initiative is to support the infrastructure needed to ensure the receipt, DNA extraction and quality control, genotyping ancestry informative markers, storage, and distribution to a sequencing laboratory of high-quality DNA collected in the NIAAA National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related ConditionsIII (NESARCIII).NIAAA seeks Research Resource Center applications (U24) under this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA).The long-term goal of repository activities included under this FOA is to provide a foundation for future data sharing of phenotypic and genetic data from the NIAAA NESARCIII and the development of cyberinfrastructure that will integrate genetic and genomic resources to provide a usable and enabling framework for human genetic research and gene discovery in alcohol use disorders and their associated disabilities.
|Federal Grant Title:||DNA Repository for the NIAAA National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related ConditionsIII (NESARCIII) (U24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AA-12-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alcohol Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 24, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 24, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Mar 22, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Mar 22, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jun 24, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Integrative Research on Polysubstance Abuse and Disorder (R61/R33 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Consortium on the Neurobiology of Adolescent Drinking in Adulthood (NADIA) Administrative ...
- • Consortium on the Neurobiology of Adolescent Drinking in Adulthood (NADIA) Research Resour...
- • Consortium on the Neurobiology of Adolescent Drinking in Adulthood (NADIA) Research Projec...
- • Accelerating the Pace of Drug Abuse Research Using Existing Data (R01 Clinical Trial Optio...
- • Mechanisms of Alcoholic Pancreatitis
- • Alcohol Abuse and Hiv/Aids in Resource-Poor Societies
- • Mechanisms of Alcohol-Induced Tissue Injury
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...