DOD Breast Cancer Clinical Translational Research Award
The summary for the DOD Breast Cancer Clinical Translational Research Award grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DOD Breast Cancer Clinical Translational Research Award: The BCRP Clinical Translational Research (CTR) Award is intended to promote significant improvements over current approaches to breast cancer prevention and therapy, such as studies that will prevent primary or recurrent breast cancer and studies that may result in a new treatment to prevent breast cancer progression to metastasis. The CTR Award supports research projects that are likely to have a major impact on breast cancer by applying promising research findings to patients with, or populations at risk for, breast cancer. Principal Investigators (PIs) and their collaborators may have originated projects in their laboratories that will form the basis for 1-2 years of advanced translational research leading to a prospective clinical trial to be conducted during this award period. Alternatively, PIs may leverage partnerships with industry. The ability to conduct the required translational research and early phase clinical trial during the award period must be demonstrated. Applications must include preliminary data and a solid rationale to support the feasibility of advancing novel translational research to a prospective clinical trial. Due to the short period for the advanced translational research phase, PIs must have already demonstrated proof of concept and efficacy in an in vivo system at the time of application submission. Applications also must include a clear experimental plan and a properly powered statistical plan to perform the clinical trial. Investigators must demonstrate availability of and access to an appropriate patient population that will support meaningful clinical outcomes.
|Federal Grant Title:||DOD Breast Cancer Clinical Translational Research Award|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W81XWH-12-BCRP-CTR|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Military Medical Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Feb 23, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Feb 23, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Sep 14, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDMRP Help Desk: 301-682-5507; firstname.lastname@example.org
CDMRP Help Desk [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award