DOD Breast Cancer Impact Award
The summary for the DOD Breast Cancer Impact Award grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DOD Breast Cancer Impact Award: The BCRP Impact Award supports research projects (from small- to large-scale) that specifically focus on scientific and clinical breast cancer issues, which, if successfully addressed, will revolutionize the understanding, prevention, and/or treatment of breast cancer and make major advances toward the goal of ending the disease. The BCRP particularly encourages applications that focus on poorly understood issues that are of critical significance in breast cancer, such as those related to prevention, susceptibility, recurrence, or metastasis. The proposed work must be based on sound overall research and fully supported by preliminary data and/or published reports. Impact: The most important aspect of the Impact Award is the potential of the proposed research to have an unprecedented impact on reducing breast cancer incidence, recurrence, and/or mortality. The research project may be from any discipline or combination of disciplines, including basic, translational, clinical (clinical trials are allowed), behavioral, and/or epidemiological research. The potential impact may be near-term or long-term, but it must be significant and non-incremental. It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator (PI) to clearly and explicitly articulate the potential impact on breast cancer and to convey its level of significance. Partnering PI Option: The Impact Award mechanism encourages applications that include meaningful and productive collaborations between investigators. The Partnering PI Option under the Impact Award mechanism is structured to accommodate two PIs, who will each receive a separate award. One partner is identified as the Initiating PI and the other partner is identified as the Partnering PI. The Initiating and Partnering PIs have different submission requirements; however, both PIs should contribute to the preparation of a single application. The collaborative partners may have expertise in similar or disparate scientific disciplines, but each partner is expected to bring different strengths to the application. New collaborations are encouraged, but not required. It is the responsibility of the collaborating investigators to describe how their combined expertise in the collaboration will better address the research question and explain why the work should be done together rather than through separate efforts.
|Federal Grant Title:||DOD Breast Cancer Impact Award|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W81XWH-12-BCRP-IMPT|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Military Medical Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Feb 23, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Feb 23, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Sep 14, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDMRP Help Desk: 301-682-5507; firstname.lastname@example.org
CDMRP Help Desk [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award