DOD Breast Cancer Transformative Vision Award
The summary for the DOD Breast Cancer Transformative Vision Award grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DOD Breast Cancer Transformative Vision Award: The BCRP Transformative Vision Award supports research projects that will fulfill an extraordinary vision for dramatically affecting the prevention or treatment of breast cancer. This award requires a plan that will test and achieve the vision as quickly as possible through the translation of the research ideas to individuals with, and/or those at risk for, breast cancer. The scope of the effort may include a broad spectrum of research spanning from basic to clinical studies. The critical components of this award mechanism are: Vision and Impact: A vision for a new approach that will have a revolutionary impact on the prevention or treatment of breast cancer must be articulated. The time to the final impact may vary, but the success of the vision must be transformative and significantly advance the goal of ending breast cancer. A clear and compelling presentation of how the vision is transformative for individuals with, and/or those at risk for, breast cancer must be provided. Implementation: The vision must be supported by a detailed plan that identifies critical milestones, outlines the innovations and technical solutions that will be implemented to accomplish the milestones, and explains how these solutions will be translated to individuals with, and/or those at risk for, breast cancer. It is expected that the proposed plan will present an exceptional level of innovation and creativity and that the Principal Investigator (PI) will assemble the team necessary to realize the vision. The PI is expected to have demonstrated experience in successfully leading large, focused projects. The PI should create an environment that fosters and supports innovation and creativity, with consistent, intensive interaction within the research team in a way that engages all members of the team in all aspects of the research plan.
|Federal Grant Title:||DOD Breast Cancer Transformative Vision Award|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W81XWH-12-BCRP-TVA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Military Medical Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Feb 23, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Feb 23, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Sep 14, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,900,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDMRP Help Desk: 301-682-5507; email@example.com
CDMRP Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award