Defense Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCoR)
The summary for the Defense Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCoR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Defense Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCoR): The Department of Defense (DOD) plans to award fiscal year 2019 (FY19) appropriations for a future funding opportunity announcement for the Defense Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCoR) program. Approximately $3.6 million in total funding will be made available for this program to fund approximately six (6) awards up to $600,000 (total cost) each. Each award will be funded up to $200,000 (total cost) per year for three (3) years in the form of a grant. Subjected to funding availability. The program objectives for DEPSCoR are described in the program statue (Pub. L. 115–91, div. A, title II, §219[e], Dec. 12, 2017, 131 Stat. 1331). The website https://discover.dtic.mil/products-services/ is a non-comprehensive repository of government-funded scientific, technical, and engineering information for the Department. Researchers new to DoD (Applicant) are encouraged to visit the site as a starting point for identifying past and present DoD-funded researchers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Defense Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCoR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Air Force Office of Scientific Research (DOD-AFOSR)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FOA-AFRL-AFOSR-2019-0004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 20th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 20th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||July 16th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||July 16th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||April 19th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||100|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 16th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This program aims to create basic research collaborations between a pair of researchers, namely 1) Applicant (Principal investigator, Mentee), a non-previously DoD-funded, full-time faculty member with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to conduct the proposed research as the principal investigator and 2) Collaborator (co-Principal Investigator, Mentor), an investigator who was previously funded by DoD within the last seven years. Though this is a collaboration between Applicant and Collaborator, Applicant's Institution of Higher Education (IHE) will submit the proposal. Applicant and Collaborator are eligible to apply if your IHE is located in an eligible States/Territories. States/Territories are deemed eligible to submit proposals for DEPSCoR research grants based on meeting both of the following criteria: 1. Falls into a specific range of DoD R&D S&E funding to college and universities in that State/Territory as defined in legislation. AND 2. Contains an advanced degree granting program in science, mathematics, and/or engineering. Potential awards will be limited to IHE in States/Territories that are eligible under the DEPSCoR program authority. Tenured or tenure-track faculty members with appointments at IHE, in the following States/Territories, are eligible to apply for DEPSCoR opportunities: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lisa Pizarro
- Similar Government Grants
- • TrojAI
- • Army Applications Lab Broad Agency Announcement For Disruptive Applications
- • Development of Quantum Algorithms
- • Trapped Ion Quantum Computing Systems
- • Staff Research Program
- • Braod Agency Announcement for the Army Research Laboratory
- • TARDEC FY04 Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • Fiscal Year 2004 Department of Defense Instrumentation Program for Tribal Colleges and Uni...
- More Grants from the Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- • Military Medical Photonics Program
- • Research Interests of the Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- • Air Force Fiscal Year 2020 Young Investigator Research Program (YIP)
- • Multidisciplinary Research Program of the University Research Initiative (FY20 Air Force S...