Develop Weed Mapping Application for Southern Plains Parks
The summary for the Develop Weed Mapping Application for Southern Plains Parks grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Develop Weed Mapping Application for Southern Plains Parks: A. Project Goals ¿ The goal of this project is to partner with the Recipient to support a graduate-level internship to develop a new field mapping application for monitoring invasive exotic plants in 11 parks in the Southern Plains. The Recipient has specific expertise in development of these data management solutions. B. Project Objectives ¿ (1) A new field mapping and database application will be developed to keep pace with the current exotic plant monitoring protocol (v2.0), and recent changes to geographic information systems (GIS) software (ArcPad now obsolete), improved geographic position system (GPS) technology, and new DOI IT requirements (MS-Windows 10). (2) A ¿cross-walk¿ approach will also be developed to ensure that previous data collected for these parks will be compatible with the current protocol such that long-term trends on weed infestations can be reliably determined.
|Federal Grant Title:||Develop Weed Mapping Application for Southern Plains Parks|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P19AS00241|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||June 7th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||June 7th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||June 17th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$48,535|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$48,535|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 7th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- STEVE LIVINGSTON
This is a non-competitive Notice of Intent only. No applications are being accepted at this time.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area