Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions Program
The summary for the Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters and Regional Offices, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions Program: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Eligible Applicants: Except as noted in the official application notice, institutions of higher education that qualify as eligible Hispanic-Serving Institutions are eligible to apply for new Individual Development Grants and Cooperative Arrangement Development Grants under the Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions Program. The requirements for satisfying the definition of an eligible "Hispanic-Serving Institution" (HSI) are set forth in the Notice Inviting Applications for Designation as Eligible Institutions for Fiscal Year 2004 that was published in the Federal Register on December 9, 2003 (68 FR 68614). Additional eleigibility requirements are outlined in the official discretionary grant application package. The complete HSI eligibility requirements are contained in 34 CFR 606.2 through 606.5 and can be accessed from the following website: http://www.ed.gov/news/fedregister Purpose of Program: The Developing HSI Program assists HSIs in expanding their capacity to serve Hispanic and low-income students by enabling them to improve their academic quality, institutional management, and fiscal stability and to increase their self-sufficiency. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.031S
|Federal Grant Title:||Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters and Regional Offices|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-011604-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Higher Education_Institutional Aid|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 03, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Jan 21, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Apr 02, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Apr 02, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Cotton, Julius, ED FedGrants Administrator, Phone (202) 708-8562, Fax (202) 205-0667, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Cotton, Julius
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Higher Education Programs (HEP): Developing Hispa...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Higher Education Programs (HEP): Native American-...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Higher Education Programs (HEP): Institutional Se...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Higher Education Programs (HEP): Strengthening In...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Higher Education Programs (HEP): Promoting Postba...
- • Strengthening Institutions, American Indian Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities,...
- • American Indian Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities, and Alaska Native and Nativ...
- • Strengthening Institutions (SIP), American Indian Tribally Controlled Colleges and Univers...
- More Grants from the Headquarters and Regional Offices
- • Special Focus Competition: European Community-United States of America Cooperation Program...
- • Early Reading First Program
- • Charter Schools Program (CSP)
- • Teaching American History Grant Program
- • Small Business Innovation Research Program--Phase I