Development of in Vitro Models of Human Oral Mucosa Relevant to Aids and Mucosal Infections
The summary for the Development of in Vitro Models of Human Oral Mucosa Relevant to Aids and Mucosal Infections grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Development of in Vitro Models of Human Oral Mucosa Relevant to Aids and Mucosal Infections: The objective of this initiative is to stimulate research that will lead to the development and validation of a practical and physiologically relevant in vitro human model of the oral mucosa that can be used to study HIV infection and the complications associated with AIDS under highly controlled conditions. It is envisioned that the availability of such an in vitro human oral mucosa system will provide opportunities to substantially enhance the fundamental understanding of oral HIV infections. This will establish a scientific basis for exploring and testing diagnostic, treatment and prevention strategies for HIV infections and AIDS associated complications. Such models will be used to study, for example, the biology of viral (HIV, EBV, HHV-8, HPV) infection, pathogenesis of diseases, opportunistic complications and host defense immune responses.
|Federal Grant Title:||Development of in Vitro Models of Human Oral Mucosa Relevant to Aids and Mucosal Infections|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DE-05-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 26, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Oct 31, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Oct 31, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Sep 25, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...
- • Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPOREs) in Human Cancers for Years 2021, 2022...
- • HEAL Initiative: Non-addictive Analgesic Therapeutics Development [Small Molecules and Bio...
- • Emergency Awards RADx-RAD: Novel Biosensing for Screening, Diagnosis and Monitoring of COV...
- • Emergency Awards RADx-RAD: Screening for COVID-19 by Electronic-Nose Technology (SCENT) (U...
- • Epidemiological and Behavioral Research in Oral Health
- • Metagenomic Analyses of the Oral Microbiome
- • Phase Iii Clinical Trials in Oral Infectious Diseases
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...