Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Title VI Tribal Organizations Impacted by National Disasters Declared by the President
The summary for the Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Title VI Tribal Organizations Impacted by National Disasters Declared by the President grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration on Aging, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Title VI Tribal Organizations Impacted by National Disasters Declared by the President: Grants awarded under this announcement are to provide disaster reimbursement and assistance funds to those State Units on Aging (SUAs) and federally recognized Tribal Organizations who are currently receiving a grant under Title VI of the Older Americans Act (OAA), as amended. These funds only become available when the President declares a National Disaster and may only be used in those areas designated in the Disaster Declaration issued by the President of the United States. Eligible SUAs and Title VI grantees should discuss all disaster applications with AoA Regional staff before submitting a formal application. The amount of funds requested should be discussed with Regional staff before the application is completed. Providing a draft of the narrative justification for the application will help expedite the processing of an award. Applicants should talk with the State and local Emergency Managers to determine what funds may be available through other resources before applying for OAA funding. State Units on Aging (SUAs) and federally recognized Tribal Organizations currently receiving a grant under Title VI of the Older Americans Act must submit proposals electronically via http://www.grants.gov. At http://www.grants.gov, you will be able to download a copy of the application packet, complete it off-line, and then upload and submit the application via the Grants.gov website. Statutory Authority The statutory authority for grants under this program announcement is contained in Title III of the Older Americans Act (OAA) (42U.S.C. 3030), as amended by the Older Americans Act Amendments of 2000, P.L. 106-501 (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance 93.048).
|Federal Grant Title:||Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Title VI Tribal Organizations Impacted by National Disasters Declared by the President|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration on Aging|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2013-AOA-DA-1301|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Special Programs for the Aging_Title IV_and Title II_Discretionary Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 13, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 13, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Oct 31, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Oct 31, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Oct 13, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Sean Lewis Grants Management Specialist Phone 202-357-3445
Agency Contact [Sean.Lewis@acl.hhs.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Eldercare Locator
- • Pension Counseling & Information Projects
- • National Pension Technical Assistance Resource Center
- • COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccine Uptake Initiative for Older Adults and People with Disabili...
- • 2023 Innovations in Nutrition Programs and Services -Research
- • Aging In Place Initiative, Denver, Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado
- • Jewish Family and Children's Service - Sarasota,FL
- • Jewish Family and Children's Service of Southern Arizona, Inc. - Tucson,AZ
- More Grants from the Administration on Aging
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations Impacted by N...
- • Building the Business Capacity of Aging and Disability Community-Based Networks for Manage...
- • Improving Coordinated Transportation Systems for People with Disabilities and Older Adults