Improving Coordinated Transportation Systems for People with Disabilities and Older Adults
The summary for the Improving Coordinated Transportation Systems for People with Disabilities and Older Adults grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration on Aging, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improving Coordinated Transportation Systems for People with Disabilities and Older Adults: HHS policy encourages the coordination of related programs at the Federal, state and local levels wherever possible. Coordination and collaborative efforts maximize the resources available to address specific needs of the populations served by HHS programs. The Administration for Community Living (ACL) has as its mission to maximize health, well-being, and independence for people with disabilities, , including people with intellectual and developmental disabilities people with physical disabilities, and older adults and their families and caregivers, by advancing policies, services, and supports so that people live with dignity, make their own choices, and participate fully in society. Together this HHS policy and ACL mission form the framework for this Funding Opportunity Announcement to promote the independence and community integration of people with disabilities and older adults through coordinated transportation systems that are responsive to their transportation needs. The goal of this 5 year project is to identify proven models and approaches that can be used by states and communities across the country to empower people with disabilities and older adults to be actively involved in the design and implementation of coordinated transportation systems in ways that successfully make those systems responsive to the needs of these populations. Applicants seeking funding under this announcement may find it helpful to subcontract out some of the activities undertaken to implement this project to one or more national organizations with a successful track record and demonstrated experience in empowering people with disabilities and older adults to improve systems, such as making transportation systems responsive to meet the needs of people with disabilities and older adults.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improving Coordinated Transportation Systems for People with Disabilities and Older Adults|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration on Aging|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2012-ACL-TC-1216|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Special Programs for the Aging_Title IV_and Title II_Discretionary Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 14, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 14, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 28, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jun 29, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Sep 13, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Christine Ramirezchristine.email@example.com
Grants Policy [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Expanding the National Capacity for Person-Centered, Trauma-Informed (PCTI) Care: Services...
- • Engaging Older Adults
- • Strengthening Aging Services for Minority Populations Through Technical Assistance, Resour...
- • Aging In Place Initiative, Denver, Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado
- • Jewish Family and Children's Service - Sarasota,FL
- • Jewish Family and Children's Service of Southern Arizona, Inc. - Tucson,AZ
- More Grants from the Administration on Aging
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations Impacted by N...
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Title VI Tribal Organizations Impa...
- • Building the Business Capacity of Aging and Disability Community-Based Networks for Manage...