Disease Investigation through Specialized Clinically-Oriented Ventures in Environmental Research (DISCOVER) [P50]
The summary for the Disease Investigation through Specialized Clinically-Oriented Ventures in Environmental Research (DISCOVER) [P50] grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Disease Investigation through Specialized Clinically-Oriented Ventures in Environmental Research (DISCOVER) [P50]: The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) is establishing a new centers program entitled Disease Investigation through Specialized Clinically-Oriented Ventures in Environmental Research (DISCOVER).
|Federal Grant Title:||Disease Investigation through Specialized Clinically-Oriented Ventures in Environmental Research (DISCOVER) [P50]|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Environment|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-ES-06-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biological Response to Environmental Health Hazards|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 18, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Jan 24, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jan 24, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Dec 18, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Applications from foreign institutions and for-profit organizations will not be accepted. However, grantees are encouraged by NIEHS, to develop consortia arrangements as appropriate with organizations, domestic or foreign, public or private (such as universities, colleges, hospitals, laboratories, for-profit and non-profit, units of State and local governments, and eligible agencies of the Federal government), as necessary to conduct portions of the research. The proposed DISCOVER Center must be affiliated with an institution, such as a university, medical center, or research center that has the resources to sustain a long-term, coordinated research program. An applicant institution must demonstrate the ability to attract high-quality scientists from biomedical, clinical and/or public health disciplines that are willing to make a long-term commitment to research.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organotypic Culture Models developed from Experimental Animals for Chemical Toxicity Scree...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R21 Cl...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R01 Cl...
- • The Intersection of Sex and Gender Influences on Health and Disease (R01 Clinical Trial Op...
- • Limited Competition: Specialized Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities...
- • Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES)
- • Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants
- • Leiomyomata Uteri: Basic Science and Translational Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...