Diversity Leadership Institute
The summary for the Diversity Leadership Institute grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Diversity Leadership Institute: As the ethnic and racial diversity of the population in the United States (U.S.) has increased, so has the number of individuals with disabilities. By 2050, there will be no ethnic majority in the U.S. and to ensure that the unprecedented growth of diverse communities, including people with disabilities, yields future prosperity, an inclusive training, staffing and technical assistance agenda that truly reflects our nation’s rich diversity is essential. Achieving cultural and linguistic competence and enhancing diversity requires strong and informed leadership to spur the necessary changes within systems, organizations, policies, and practice. Without committed and effective leadership, these efforts typically stall. There is a need for leaders with the energy, knowledge, and skills to guide the difficult work of advancing and sustaining cultural and linguistic competence within programs concerned with developmental disabilities. The Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD) plans to award funding for one organization to design a Diversity Leadership Institute to respond to this need and offer interactive forums and multiple modalities (face-to-face and web-based) to explore the unique role of those who currently lead or are interested in leading cultural and linguistic competence and diversity efforts within their setting.
|Federal Grant Title:||Diversity Leadership Institute|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2014-ACL-AIDD-DI-0076|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Developmental Disabilities Projects of National Significance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 19, 2014 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 19, 2014 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||May 8, 2014|
|Creation Date:||May 8, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jul 19, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$225,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$225,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$225,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Private institutions of higher education
Special district governments
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Independent school districts
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Larissa Crossen
Administration for Community Living 202-357-3436
- Similar Government Grants
- • Alternatives to Guardianship Youth Resource Center
- • Closing the Health Disparity Gap for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabiliti...
- • Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant
- • Human Dignity and Civil Rights for People with Disabilities
- • Living Well-Model Approaches for Enhancing the Quality, Effectiveness and Monitoring of Ho...
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 for Military Families
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 Centers
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program