DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award
The summary for the DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award: The FY19 PH/TBIRP CTRR-CRA is intended to support clinical research focused on understanding the clinical sequelae and mechanisms of recovery associated with mTBI and TBI-related cognitive, sensory, and motor performances. The overarching goals of this award are to address TBI-related impairments and deficits, including multi-modal and cognitive dysfunction, to (1) develop and validate rehabilitation outcome measures; (2) systematically analyze standard of care cognitive interventions to identify optimal treatment ingredients; and (3) improve clinician-driven assessment strategies to guide RTD decision-making. The FY19 PH/TBIRP CTRR-CRA seeks research to develop and validate novel outcome measures that will characterize and track functional cognitive, sensory, and motor performance deficit in Service members and relevant populations with cognitive dysfunction following TBI; and to identify key treatment approaches to optimize cognitive rehabilitation following TBI, as consistent with the mission of the JPC-8/CRMRP. The FY19 PH/TBIRP CTRR-CRA mechanism supports applied and translational clinical research to advance the development of knowledge and materiel products for rehabilitation and restoration of function following TBI. Applicants should explain how their work will inform the development, refinement, and/or revision of existing standards of care, clinical recommendations, or guidelines. TBI is defined as being caused by (1) a direct blow or impact to the head, (2) a penetrating head injury, or (3) an exposure to external forces such as blast waves that disrupt the function of the brain. Not all blows to the head or exposure to external forces result in a TBI. The severity of TBI may range from “mild,” a brief change in mental status or consciousness, to “severe,” an extended period of unconsciousness or confusion after the injury. A complex mTBI is a multi-faceted condition resulting after mild traumatic brain injury with comorbidities and related deficits in the areas of cognition, sensorimotor, and performance. Classification of TBI severity can be found in Table 1 of the VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Concussion-Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. The proposed research must be relevant to active duty Service members, Veterans, military beneficiaries, and/or the American public.
|Federal Grant Title:||DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA (DOD-AMRAA)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W81XWH-19-CTRR-CRA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||December 2nd, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||December 2nd, 2019|
|Posted Date:||July 22nd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||July 22nd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||January 1st, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 22nd, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDMRP Help Desk
CDMRP Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Trial Award