DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Trial Award
The summary for the DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Trial Award grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Trial Award: The FY19 PH/TBIRP CTRR-CTA supports the rapid implementation of clinical trials with the potential to have a significant impact on the treatment or management of complex TBI. Clinical trials may be designed to evaluate promising products, pharmacologic agents (drugs or biologics), devices, clinical guidance, and/or emerging approaches and technologies. Proposed projects may range from small proof-of-concept trials (e.g., pilot, first in human, Phase 0) to demonstrate feasibility or inform the design of more advanced trials through large-scale trials to determine efficacy in relevant patient populations. TBI is defined as being caused by (1) a direct blow or impact to the head, (2) a penetrating head injury, or (3) an exposure to external forces such as blast waves that disrupt the function of the brain. Not all blows to the head or exposure to external forces result in a TBI. The severity of TBI may range from “mild,” a brief change in mental status or consciousness, to “severe,” an extended period of unconsciousness or confusion after the injury. A complex TBI is a multi-faceted condition resulting after mTBI with comorbidities and related deficits in the areas of cognition, sensorimotor, and performance. Classification of TBI severity can be found in Table 1 of the VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Concussion-Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. The proposed research must be relevant to active duty Service members, Veterans, military beneficiaries, and/or the American public. Funding from this award mechanism must support a clinical trial. New FY19 definition: A clinical trial is a research study in which one or more human subjects are prospectively assigned to one or more interventions (which may include placebo or other control) to evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or behavioral health-related outcomes. For more information, a Human Subject Resource Document is provided at https://ebrap.org/eBRAP/public/Program.htm.
|Federal Grant Title:||DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Trial Award|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA (DOD-AMRAA)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W81XWH-19-CTRR-CTA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||December 2nd, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||December 2nd, 2019|
|Posted Date:||July 22nd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||July 22nd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||January 1st, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$8,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 22nd, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDMRP Help Desk
CDMRP Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award