DoD FY15 Orthotics Outcomes Research Award
The summary for the DoD FY15 Orthotics Outcomes Research Award grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DoD FY15 Orthotics Outcomes Research Award: The FY15 Orthotics Outcomes Research Award is intended to support research that evaluates the comparative effectiveness of orthotic clinical interventions and/or their associated rehabilitation interventions, using patient-centric outcomes for Service members and Veterans who have undergone limb impairment or limb amputation. The objective is to improve the understanding of orthotic devices, treatments, rehabilitation strategies, and secondary health effects. The ultimate goal is to advance the adoption and implementation of these evidence-based interventions. Proposed projects should be designed to provide patient-centric outcomes data regarding orthotic devices, and/or related clinical interventions, and must include the anticipated effect on patient care metrics. Principal Investigators (PIs) are strongly encouraged to collaborate, integrate, and/or align their research projects with Department of Defense (DoD) and/or VA research laboratories and programs.Studies relating to or associated with orthotic devices, treatments, rehabilitation strategies, and secondary health effects are sought that:Include longitudinal outcomes.Compare different patient care approaches.Include patient-centric outcome assessments.Generate new knowledge that supports the development of new, or modification of, existing clinical practice guidelines and recommendations.Generate new prescription algorithms.Provide information on quality of life, reintegration, and/or return to duty/return to work as it pertains to those patients who use an orthotic device due to limb impairment.Generate results and/or materials that are directly translatable to the clinic and patient use.All applications must demonstrate direct relevance to Service members and Veterans with traumatic extremity injury and/or amputation using orthotic devices. Examples of studies that are appropriate for submission to the FY15 OORA include, but are not limited to, examination of the functional and patient-centered outcomes associated with:The specific time points in the course of patient treatment for which the orthotic intervention is the most effective.Different treatment algorithms to determine the most appropriate orthotic device.The comparative effectiveness of different orthotic devices.Evaluation of the prevention of secondary adverse consequences of orthotic device use.Application of specific rehabilitation interventions to accelerate the time, course, or extent of functional outcomes in Service members and Veterans using orthotic devices.
|Federal Grant Title:||DoD FY15 Orthotics Outcomes Research Award|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W81XWH-15-OPORP-OORA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement, Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Military Medical Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 16, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 16, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jul 16, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Jul 20, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Dec 16, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDMRP Help Desk
CDMRP Help Desk
Dept. of the Army -- USAMRAA 301-619-7144
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award