The summary for the Earthscope grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Earthscope: EarthScope is an Earth science program to explore the 4-dimensional structure of the North American continent. The EarthScope Program provides a framework for broad, integrated studies across the Earth sciences, including research on fault properties and the earthquake process, strain transfer, magmatic and hydrous fluids in the crust and mantle, plate boundary processes, large-scale continental deformation, continental structure and evolution, and composition and structure of the deep-Earth. In addition, EarthScope offers a centralized forum for Earth science education at all levels and an excellent opportunity to develop cyberinfrastructure to integrate, distribute, and analyze diverse data sets. The EarthScope facilities, consisting of the Plate Boundary Observatory (PBO), the San Andreas Fault Observatory at Depth (SAFOD), and the USArray, are a multi-purpose array of instruments and observatories that greatly expands the observational capabilities of the Earth Sciences and permits us to advance our understanding of the structure, evolution and dynamics of the North American continent. This Solicitation calls for single or collaborative proposals to conduct scientific research associated with the EarthScope Facility and support activities that further the scientific and educational goals of EarthScope.
|Federal Grant Title:||Earthscope|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||09-535|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 16, 2010 Full|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 16, 2010 Full|
|Posted Date:||Apr 01, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Apr 01, 2010|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$12,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||25|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NSF grants.gov email@example.com
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Linguistics: Dynamic Language Infrastructure-Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Gr...
- • NSF Dynamic Language Infrastructure - NEH Documenting Endangered Languages
- • Oceanographic Facilities and Equipment Support
- • Antarctic Research
- • Long-Term Ecological Research
- • Solar, Heliospheric, and INterplanetary Environment (SHINE)
- • Geoscience Education
- • Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure
- • Macrosystems Biology and NEON-Enabled Science
- • Transitions to Excellence in Molecular and Cellular Biosciences Research
- • Political Science
- • EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations ...