Engagement of FBOs and CBOs/PNFPs to Support and Sustain HIV Epidemic Control in the Republic of Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Engagement of FBOs and CBOs/PNFPs to Support and Sustain HIV Epidemic Control in the Republic of Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Engagement of FBOs and CBOs/PNFPs to Support and Sustain HIV Epidemic Control in the Republic of Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $5,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. The national prevalence is 6.2%; 7.6% and 4.7% among females and males, respectively. The country has a generalized HIV/AIDS epidemic, and is working to attain epidemic control by 2020 and sustain gains well beyond. Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), including organizations like those in the private not-for-profit (PNFP) sector and faith-based organizations (FBOs), are key players in provision of comprehensive HIV services in Uganda because they serve hard to reach communities. They have been important stakeholders in the HIV response even before the commencement of PEPFAR and are key to the PEPFAR Uganda program and its sustainability strategy. This NOFO aims to engage and build technical, financial, and organizational capacity of organizations with access to these hard-to-reach communities, including faith communities, and facilities with access to these communities to address identified gaps in the HIV and TB service delivery. The recipient(s) will work with line Ministries and U.S. Government (USG) recipients to set up systems to support and provide technical assistance to selected high-volume service delivery facilities with access to these communities who have been otherwise difficult to reach; to work with these communities; and to implement continuous quality improvement (CQI) and innovative interventions to address other priority activities highlighted in this NOFO.
|Federal Grant Title:||Engagement of FBOs and CBOs/PNFPs to Support and Sustain HIV Epidemic Control in the Republic of Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2069|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 9th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 9th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||January 9th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||January 9th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||April 8th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 7th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...