Enhanced Population-based Surveillance of Confirmed Newborn Screening Cases via Newborn Screening and Birth Defects Surveillance Programs
The summary for the Enhanced Population-based Surveillance of Confirmed Newborn Screening Cases via Newborn Screening and Birth Defects Surveillance Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Enhanced Population-based Surveillance of Confirmed Newborn Screening Cases via Newborn Screening and Birth Defects Surveillance Programs: The purpose of this program is to enhance the collection and quality of population-based data on confirmed newborn screening cases via existing newborn screening and birth defects surveillance programs. Additionally, the pilot project will advance the public health understanding of the impact and short-term outcomes of children with newborn screening conditions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Enhanced Population-based Surveillance of Confirmed Newborn Screening Cases via Newborn Screening and Birth Defects Surveillance Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DD08-810|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2008 Letter of Intent Deadline: June 30,|
|Posted Date:||May 29, 2008|
|Creation Date:||May 29, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Sep 14, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: . State governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau). . Federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments . American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations . Alaska Native health corporations . Urban Indian health organizations . Tribal epidemiology centers The entities listed above are uniquely qualified for the activities under FOA #DD08-810. They are the only organizational units that currently perform population-based birth defects surveillance or newborn screening surveillance. They have the public health authority and/or legislative mandate to conduct birth defects activities which gives them unique and specific access to datasets from multiple data sources that are required to implement the activities outlined in the FOA #DD08-810.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Technical Information Management
Procurement and Grants Office
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGO Technical Information Management
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2