Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases
The summary for the Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases: The purpose of the program is to assist eligible public health agencies improve surveillance for, and response to, infectious diseases by (1) strengthening epidemiologic capacity; (2) enhancing laboratory practice; (3) improving information systems; and (4) developing and implementing prevention and control strategies.
|Federal Grant Title:||Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-CI07-701|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 22, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Aug 18, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Aug 18, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Oct 22, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||14|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: . State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau). . Official public health agencies of city governments with jurisdictional populations greater than 1,500,000 or county governments with jurisdictional populations greater than 8,000,000 (based on 2000 Census data). . State, territories, cities, and counties currently funded under ELC Program announcement (PA) #04040 are not eligible to apply under this new Announcement. PA #04040 grantees will instead receive non-competing continuation guidance from CDC for their Fiscal Year 2007 renewals. A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a letter from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Place this documentation behind the first page of the application form.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management Section
Phone 770-488-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2