Ethnographic Overview and Assessment
The summary for the Ethnographic Overview and Assessment grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Ethnographic Overview and Assessment: This project will complete an Ethnographic Overview and Assessment (EOA) for Piscataway National Park (a NPS unit managed by the National Capital Region, National Capital Parks-East). The Ethnographic Overview and Assessment will meet a critical need identified in the Regional Cultural Resource Management (CRM) Needs Assessment by providing a baseline cultural anthropological study to document traditional associations between distinct cultural communities and park landscapes, places, and resources. A key goal of this project will be to provide baseline ethnographic documentation in a manner that is accessible to park staff, the identified ethnographic groups, researchers, managers, interpreters, educators, and the public as appropriate. The EOA will include: oral history data, descriptions of historical and contemporary resource use, a bibliography of ethno-historical and ethnographic information, and recommendations for further studies, as needed. The project documentation will include preliminary lists and information regarding ethnographic resources located in the park.
|Federal Grant Title:||Ethnographic Overview and Assessment|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00760|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 9th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 9th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||August 31st, 2017|
|Creation Date:||August 31st, 2017|
|Archive Date:||October 9th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$50,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 31st, 2017|
- Category Explanation
- This funding opportunity is to provide public notice of NPS's intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition. Notice of Intent to Award, not a request for applications
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- LaQuita Palmer
Grants Management Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • MACA Administrative History
- • Visitor Use Study at Waco Mammoth National Monument
- • Stabilization of Rock Springs Land and Cattle Company Headquarters Building
- • Stabilization of Telegraph Building at OX Ranch
- • An investigation of the Impact of the NPS to New Mexico's Outdoor Recreation Economy ...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program
- • Engaging Youth through Trails, Roads and Environmental Restoration Projects
- • Youth Work Programs Cross Cultural Learning - Tomaquag Interns
- • Lowell Folk Festival Support
- • Collaborative Management Through Implementation of the Upper Delaware River Management Pla...