Exploratory/Developmental Clinical Research Grants in Obesity (R21)
The summary for the Exploratory/Developmental Clinical Research Grants in Obesity (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Exploratory/Developmental Clinical Research Grants in Obesity (R21): The goal of this initiative is to encourage exploratory/developmental clinical studies that will accelerate the development of effective interventions for prevention or treatment of overweight or obesity in either adults or children. Exploratory epidemiological research with a goal of informing translational/clinical research will also be supported within this program. This FOA will use the NIH Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant (R21). Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||Exploratory/Developmental Clinical Research Grants in Obesity (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-256|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 07, 2009 Mult|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 02, 2009 Multi|
|Posted Date:||Mar 17, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Investigation of the Transmission of Kaposi Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus (KSHV) (R01 Cli...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) Incubator Program for New C...
- • Social and Behavioral Intervention Research to Address Modifiable Risk Factors for Cancer ...
- • Genomic Data Analysis Network: Genomic Data Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NCI Research Specialist (Laboratory-based Scientist) Award (R50 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...