FUNDING OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT (FOA) for the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic (STEM) Program
The summary for the FUNDING OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT (FOA) for the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic (STEM) Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Naval Research, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FUNDING OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT (FOA) for the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic (STEM) Program: Minority Institutions, and covered educational institutions in 10 USC 2362 are especially encouraged to apply.Federally Funded Research & Development Centers (FFRDCs), including Department of Energy National Laboratories, are not eligible to receive awards under this FOA. However, teaming arrangements between FFRDCs and eligible principal applicants are allowed so long as they are permitted under the sponsoring agreement between the Government and the specific FFRDC.Navy laboratories, military universities, and warfare centers as well as other DoD and civilian agency laboratories are also not eligible to receive awards under this FOA and must not submit either white papers or applications in response to this FOA. University Affiliated Research Centers (UARC) are eligible to submit white papers and/or proposals under this FOA unless precluded from doing so by their DoD UARC contract.
|Federal Grant Title:||FUNDING OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT (FOA) for the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic (STEM) Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Naval Research (DOD-ONR)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||N00014-23-S-F005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 2nd, 2024|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 2nd, 2024|
|Posted Date:||April 3rd, 2023|
|Creation Date:||April 3rd, 2023|
|Archive Date:||May 2nd, 2024|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 3rd, 2023|
- Category Explanation
- STEM education programs and activities that could be supported by this FOA include one or more of the following as the primary objective: • Develop learners’ knowledge, skill, or interest in STEM. • Attract students to pursue certifications, licenses, or degrees (two-year degrees through post-doctoral degrees) or careers in STEM fields. • Provide growth and research opportunities for post-secondary, college and graduate students in STEM fields, such as working with researchers or conducting research that is primarily intended to further education. • Improve mentor/educator (K-12 pre-service or in-service, post-secondary, and informal) quality in STEM areas. • Improve or expand the capacity of institutions to promote or foster STEM fields. This FOA will not consider applications for research, with the exception of those whose primary purpose is intended to further education (as described in third bullet above) and that are not expected to generate intellectual property. Efforts for research, including those supporting STEM, should be submitted under the current fiscal year Long Range BAA.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All responsible sources from academia, non-profit organization and industry (for-profit) organizations may submit applications under this FOA. Foreign entities will be considered.Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic-serving institutions, Tribal Colleges or Universities, Alaska Native-serving institutions, Native-Hawaiian-serving institutions, Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-serving institutions, Native American-serving nontribal institutions,
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Veronica Lacey
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY23 Dept of Navy (DoN) Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Education and ...
- • FY22 FUNDING OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT (FOA) for the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Science...
- • Best Robotics Grant - Teacher Professional Development
- • Best Robotics Grant - Robotics Kits
- • FY22 Department of Navy (DON) Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM), Educa...
- • FY12 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for Navy and Marine Corps Science, Technology,...
- • STEM Grant 2013
- • Science, Technology, Engineering
- More Grants from the Office of Naval Research
- • Office of Naval Research (ONR) Global Research Opportunity: Global-X Challenge 2023
- • FY24 Young Investigator Program
- • FY24 Department of Defense Multidisciplinary Research Program of the University Research I...
- • FY24 Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP)
- • Physical and Networking Layer Prototype (PNLP)