FY 2015 Joint Hurricane Testbed
The summary for the FY 2015 Joint Hurricane Testbed grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2015 Joint Hurricane Testbed: The Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), is soliciting LOIs under the United States Weather Research Program (USWRP), as administrated by the USWRP Joint Hurricane Testbed (JHT). This notice also provides guidelines for the submission of full proposals. This notice describes opportunities and application procedures for the transfer of relevant research and technology advances into tropical cyclone analysis and forecast operations. Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education; other nonprofits; commercial organizations; foreign governments; organizations under the jurisdiction of foreign governments; international organizations; state, local and Indian tribal governments; and Federal agencies. This notice calls for researchers to submit proposals to test and evaluate, and modify if necessary, in a (quasi-operational) experimental environment, their own scientific and technological research applications. The experimental test environment includes capabilities for real-time demonstration testing based on links to operational observational and model data streams. Projects satisfying metrics for success and operational constraints may be selected for operational implementation by the operational center(s) after the completion of the USWRP-funded work. The period of the award is from one to two years.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2015 Joint Hurricane Testbed|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-OAR-OWAQ-2015-2004200|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Weather and Air Quality Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||August 18th, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Aug 18, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jan 5, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education; other nonprofits; commercial organizations; foreign governments; organizations under the jurisdiction of foreign governments; international organizations; state, local and Indian tribal governments; and Federal agencies.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Dr. Chris Landsea, Director, Joint Hurricane Testbed, National Hurricane Center; 11691 SW. 17th Street, Miami, FL 33165; Telephone: 305-229-4446
Department of Commerce 202 482 3134
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY2020 Office of Weather and Air Quality Research Programs
- • FY2019 Office of Weather and Air Quality Research Programs
- • FY 2018 Remote Sensing for Snowpack and Soil Moisture
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Verification of the Origins of Rotation in Tornadoes Experiment in t...
- • FY 2018 Joint Technology Transfer Initiative
- • Social Science Weather Research
- • FY 2013 Joint Hurricane Testbed
- • Office of Weather and Air Quality Hazardous Weather and Hydrometerology Testbed Competitio...
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • National Sea Grant College Program 2020 Special Projects
- • Accelerate R2 Network Challenge - FINAL
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • National Competitive Harmful Algal Bloom Programs
- • 2020 Pacific Northwest Bay-Watershed Education and Training