Social Science Weather Research
The summary for the Social Science Weather Research grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Social Science Weather Research: This research funding opportunity is being jointly issued by the U.S. Weather Research Program in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) Office and Weather and Air Quality (OWAQ) in NOAA Research and the National Weather Service (NWS). It seeks to stimulate research and develop collaborations between social and physical scientists that can help build a Weather Ready Nation. (See http://www.nws.noaa.gov/com/weatherreadynation/ for more information about NOAA's Weather Ready Nation activities.) This research will help to better understand human behavior and positively affect decision-making during weather-related events and the formulation and communication of forecast uncertainty, or forecast confidence. The results of this research are expected to improve the communication within the weather community and to the public to invoke a response that will help protect life and property during dangerous weather events.
|Federal Grant Title:||Social Science Weather Research|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-OAR-OWAQ-2012-2003256|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Weather and Air Quality Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 27, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 27, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Mar 22, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Mar 22, 2012|
|Archive Date:||May 27, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education; other nonprofits; commercial organizations; foreign governments; organizations under the jurisdiction of foreign governments; international organizations; state, local and Indian tribal governments.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher Policy Advisor
For application download issues only. [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY2021 Weather Program Office Research Programs
- • FY2020 Office of Weather and Air Quality Research Programs
- • FY2019 Office of Weather and Air Quality Research Programs
- • FY 2018 Remote Sensing for Snowpack and Soil Moisture
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Verification of the Origins of Rotation in Tornadoes Experiment in t...
- • FY 2013 Joint Hurricane Testbed
- • FY 2015 Joint Hurricane Testbed
- • Office of Weather and Air Quality Hazardous Weather and Hydrometerology Testbed Competitio...
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021