FY 2023 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs
The summary for the FY 2023 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Economic Development Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2023 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs: *NEW APPLICATION PROCESS - PLEASE READ* EDA is excited to announce the launch of its new grants management platform: the Economic Development Grants Experience (EDGE). EDGE was developed to streamline the application and grants management process by implementing a single platform with increased transparency, improved user experience, higher data quality, and more efficiency throughout the entire grant lifecycle. Applications for PWEAA2023 will only be accepted through EDGE. To apply for funding under this NOFO, please review the NOFO here on Grants.gov and go to: sfgrants.eda.gov to apply. More information on how to apply is provided in the full NOFO. If you are still interested in applying through Grants.gov, you can do so through the PWEAA2020 NOFO until it closes on April 5th at 11:59pm EST. Program Overview: EDA has authority to provide grants to meet the full range of communities' and regions' economic development needs from planning and technical assistance to construction of infrastructure. These grants are made through a series of Notices of Funding Opportunity (NOFOs) that can be found on EDA's website at https://www.eda.gov/funding/funding-opportunities and are designed to support the economic development activities most useful to a community based on its needs and circumstances. EDA funds community or regionally generated ideas and assists communities to advance to the next level of economic development. This NOFO, which supersedes the FY20 PWEAA NOFO, sets out EDA's application submission and review procedures for two of EDA's core economic development programs authorized under the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended (42 U.S.C. § 3121 et seq.) (PWEDA): (1) Public Works and Economic Development Facilities (Public Works) and (2) Economic Adjustment Assistance (EAA). EDA supports bottom-up strategies that build on regional assets to spur economic growth and resiliency. EDA encourages its grantees throughout the country to develop initiatives that present new ideas and creative approaches to advance economic prosperity in distressed communities. Through this NOFO EDA intends to advance general economic development in accordance with EDA's investment priorities, but also to pursue projects that, where practicable, incorporate specific priorities related to equity, workforce development, and climate change resiliency so that investments can benefit everyone for decades to come.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2023 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Economic Development Administration (DOC-EDA)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PWEAA2023|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||11.300, 11.307|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||March 14th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||March 14th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||June 14th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3000|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||March 16th, 2023|
- Category Explanation
- The Economic Development Administration's (EDA's) mission is to lead the Federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for economic growth and success in the worldwide economy. EDA fulfills this mission through strategic investments and partnerships that create the regional economic ecosystems required to foster globally competitive regions throughout the United States. EDA supports development in economically distressed areas of the United States by fostering job creation and attracting private investment. Under this NOFO, EDA solicits applications from applicants in order to provide investments that support construction, non construction, planning, technical assistance, and revolving loan fund projects under EDA’s Public Works program and EAA program (which includes Assistance to Coal Communities, Nuclear Closure Communities, and Biomass Closure Communities). Grants and cooperative agreements made under these programs are designed to leverage existing regional assets and support the implementation of economic development strategies that advance new ideas and creative approaches to advance economic prosperity in distressed communities, including those negatively impacted by changes to the coal economy and nuclear power plant closures.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Pursuant to Section 3(4) of PWEDA (42 U.S.C. § 3122(4)(a)) and 13 C.F.R. § 300.3 (Eligible Recipient), eligible applicants for EDA financial assistance under the Public Works and EAA programs include a(n): (i) District Organization of an EDA-designated Economic Development District; (ii) Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes; (iii) State, county, city, or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions; (iv) institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education; or (v) public or private non-profit organization or association acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State. Individuals and for-profit entities are not eligible for funding under this NOFO.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- EDA Website
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact: the EDA representative for your state. A complete list of EDA representatives is available on EDA's website at http://www.eda.gov/contact/
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2020 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs
- • FY 2018 Economic Development Assistance Programs. Application submission and program requi...
- • FY 2017 Economic Development Assistance Programs Application submission and program requir...
- • FY 2014 Economic Development Assistance Programs
- • Opportunity EDA021908
- • Opportunity EDA10012008EDAP
- • Opportunity EDA03102009RECOVERYACT
- More Grants from the Economic Development Administration
- • 2023 STEM Talent Challenge
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Indigenous Communities Notice of Funding Opportunity
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation Notice of Funding...
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Economic Adjustment Assistance Notice of Funding Opportun...
- • FY 2020 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs