FY15 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
The summary for the FY15 Pre-Disaster Mitigation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Homeland Security FEMA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY15 Pre-Disaster Mitigation: The Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) Program makes available federal funds to State, Local and Tribal Governments to implement and sustain cost-effective measures designed to reduce the risk to individuals and property from natural hazards, while also reducing reliance on Federal funding from future disasters.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY15 Pre-Disaster Mitigation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Homeland Security FEMA|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DHS-15-MT-047-000-99|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Pre-Disaster Mitigation|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 28, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 28, 2015|
|Posted Date:||May 29, 2015|
|Creation Date:||May 29, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Sep 27, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||100|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, Public Law 93-288, as amended, (42 U.S.C. 5133), Section 203 authorizes FEMA to make grants for the purpose of implementing a sustained pre-disaster natural hazard mitigation program to reduce overall risk to the population and structures from future hazard events, while also reducing reliance on Federal funding from future disasters.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- District of Columbia; U.S. Territories.
Local governments must apply through their state.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- PDM web page
- Grant Announcement Contact
- MTeGrants Helpdesk
Please specify what your issue with the Mitigation eGrants System is.
Department of Homeland Security - FEMA 202-786-9539
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY20 Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities
- • FY19 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • Fy 2018 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • FY17 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • Pre-Disaster Mitigation Program
- • Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) Grant Program FY 2009
- • Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- More Grants from the Department of Homeland Security FEMA
- • Fiscal Year 2019 Presidential Residence Protection Assistance Grant (PRPA)
- • FY19 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • FY19 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program (Supplemental Appr...