FY18 Coral Reef Conservation Program, Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
The summary for the FY18 Coral Reef Conservation Program, Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY18 Coral Reef Conservation Program, Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants: The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Grant Program, 16 USC §§ 6401-6409, provides matching grants of financial assistance through the Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grant program to institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, and local (as defined at 2 CFR § 200.64, which includes counties, municipalities, and cities) and Indian tribal government agencies. These awards are intended to support coral reef conservation projects in shallow water coral reef ecosystems, including reefs at mesophotic depths, in American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Florida, Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and coral-dominated banks in the U.S. portions of the Gulf of Mexico. Projects may be proposed in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands and the U.S. Pacific Remote Island Areas, but these locations are not considered geographic priorities under this announcement. Proposals submitted to this competition must address at least one of the following four categories: 1) Fishing Impacts; 2) Land-Based Sources of Pollution; 3) Climate Change; and 4) Local and Emerging Management Issues. Each category is described in more detail in the Federal Funding Opportunity announcement. Proposals selected for funding through this solicitation will be implemented through a grant or cooperative agreement and will require a 1:1 match of non-Federal funds.Funding for this program is subject to the availability of FY 2018 Congressional appropriations and is expected to range between approximately $800,000 to approximately $1,000,000. Funding made available from NOAA's CRCP is intended to support priority coral reef management activities as described in Section I.B. of this Federal Funding Opportunity announcement. Funding will be divided among the U.S. Pacific and Atlantic regions to maintain the geographic balance of the CRCP Grant Program portfolio overall, as required by the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000. NOAA expects that each applicant will request Federal funding at a funding level between $30,000 and $80,000 under this solicitation and that the average award size will be approximately $50,000.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY18 Coral Reef Conservation Program, Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NOS-OCM-2018-2005425|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 1st, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 1st, 2018|
|Posted Date:||November 13th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||November 13th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||March 3rd, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||13|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 13th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, and local (as defined at 2 C.F.R. § 200.64, which includes counties, municipalities, and cities) and Indian tribal government agencies are eligible to apply for funding under this funding category. U.S. federal agencies, state, territory, and commonwealth governments and Regional Fishery Management Councils are not eligible to apply under this funding announcement, as NOAA funds their coral reef work in separate programs.NOAA employees and contractors are not permitted to assist in the preparation of applications or write letters of support for any application. However, NOAA CRCP staff is available to provide general information on programmatic goals and objectives, ongoing coral reef conservation programs/activities, and regional funding priorities. NOAA or other federal collaboration on applications submitted to this program may only include: 1) providing federally collected data not yet publically available or 2) significant NOAA or Federal staff time to assist with in-water work or laboratory analysis. This does not include attending workshops, playing the role as liaison to connect applicant with other local resource managers, or reviewing documents and, in these cases, NOAA employees may not be listed as project collaborators in the application. If the applicant desires NOAA collaboration on the proposed project, NOAA staff, NOAA employees and contractors may provide a statement confirming the degree and nature of the collaboration. As noted in Section II.C above, NOAA may also propose to become substantially involved in a project selected for funding regardless of whether an applicant proposes substantial Federal involvement. For applications working in National Marine Sanctuaries or with protected species, NOAA employees may provide a statement acknowledging the utility of the proposed work to meet management priorities. Letters of support from NOAA employees and contract staff will be discarded from application materials prior to technical review.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Liz Fairey
NOAA Fisheries Office of Habitat Conservation, 1315 East West Highway, SSMC3, 14224, Silver Spring, MD, 20910
301-713-1594 - Fax
Work email address
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY21-22 CRCP State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
- • FY2020 NOAA Ruth Gates Coral Restoration Innovation Grants
- • FY 2020-2021 Coral Reef Conservation Program Non-Governmental Organization Partnership Coo...
- • FY20-21 CRCP International Coral Reef Conservation Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- • FY19 Coral Reef Conservation Program, Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
- • Coral Reef Conservation Program Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
- • Opportunity NOAA-NOS-IPO-2011-2002585
- • Coral Reef Conservation Program State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative ...
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021