FY19 Flood Mitigation Assistance
The summary for the FY19 Flood Mitigation Assistance grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Homeland Security FEMA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY19 Flood Mitigation Assistance: The Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) Program makes available Federal funds to State, Local and Tribal Governments to reduce or eliminate the risk of repetitive flood damage to buildings and structures insured under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). In FY18, the FMA Program will prioritize proposals that address community flood risk by setting aside $70 million for this purpose. FEMA will seek to fund two types of community flood mitigation activities: Advance Assistance for flood mitigation design and development of community flood mitigation projects and mitigation projects that address community flood risk for the purpose of reducing NFIP flood claim payments. The remaining funding, at least $90,000,000, will be used for FMA technical assistance, mitigation planning, and mitigation projects reducing risk to severe repetitive loss (SRL) and repetitive loss (RL) properties. Applicants must submit applications via the Mitigation eGrants system on the FEMA Grants Portal: https://portal.fema.gov. Applicants may submit a maximum of 1 advanced assistance and 1 community mitigation project sub-application.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY19 Flood Mitigation Assistance|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Homeland Security FEMA (DHS-DHS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DHS-19-MT-029-000-99|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 31st, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 31st, 2020|
|Posted Date:||August 26th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||August 26th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||March 1st, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$160,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||120|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||August 26th, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- The Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) Program makes available Federal funds to State, Local and Tribal Governments to reduce or eliminate the risk of repetitive flood damage to buildings and structures insured under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- District of Columbia; U.S. Territories.Local governments must apply through their state.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Mitigation eGrants System Helpdesk
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY20 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • FY 2018 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • FY17 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • FY16 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • FY15 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • Fy 2006 Flood Mitigation Assistance Program
- • Flood Mitigation Assistance
- More Grants from the Department of Homeland Security FEMA
- • Fiscal Year 2019 Presidential Residence Protection Assistance Grant (PRPA)
- • FY19 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program (Supplemental Appr...
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 National Incident Management System (NIMS)