FY20 Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities
The summary for the FY20 Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Homeland Security - FEMA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY20 Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities: The Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) program makes federal funds available to states, U.S territories, Indian tribal governments, and local communities for pre-disaster mitigation activities. The guiding principles of the program are to: (1) support state and local governments, tribes, and territories through capability- and capacity-building to enable them to identify mitigation actions and implement projects that reduce risks posed by natural hazards; (2) encourage and enable innovation while allowing flexibility, consistency, and effectiveness; (3) promote partnerships and enable high-impact investments to reduce risk from natural hazards with a focus on critical services and facilities, public infrastructure, public safety, public health, and communities; (4) provide a significant opportunity to reduce future losses and minimize impacts on the Disaster Relief Fund (DRF); and (5) support the adoption and enforcement of building codes, standards, and policies that will protect the health, safety, and general welfare of the public, take into account future conditions , and have long-lasting impacts on community risk-reduction, including for critical services and facilities and for future disaster costs. In FY20 BRIC, FEMA will provide State/Territory allocations of $600,000 to states and territories and a Tribal Set-Aside of $20,000,000 for Indian tribal governments (federally-recognized) for mitigation projects and capability- and capacity-buildling (C&CB) activities. Any funds which are not awarded from the State/Territory Allocation or Tribal Set-Aside will be re-allocated to the national competition for mitigation projects. Applicants must submit applications via FEMA Grant Outcomes (FEMA GO) system: https://go.fema.gov.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY20 Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Homeland Security - FEMA (DHS-DHS)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DHS-20-MT-047-00-99|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 29th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 29th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||August 3rd, 2020|
|Creation Date:||August 3rd, 2020|
|Archive Date:||February 28th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||125|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||August 26th, 2020|
- Category Explanation
- The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, Public Law 93-288, as amended, (42 U.S.C. 5133), Section 203 authorizes FEMA to make grants for the purpose of implementing a sustained pre-disaster natural hazard mitigation program to reduce overall risk to the population and structures from future hazard events, while also reducing reliance on federal funding from future disasters.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- District of Columbia; U.S. Territories. Local governments must apply through their state or territory.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- FEMA Grants Outcomes (FEMA GO) system
FEMA Grants Outcomes (FEMA GO) system
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY19 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • Fy 2018 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • FY17 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • FY16 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • Pre-Disaster Mitigation Program
- • Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) Grant Program FY 2009
- • Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- More Grants from the Department of Homeland Security - FEMA
- • Other Needs Assistance - Lost Wages
- • FY20 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 National Urban Search & Rescue (US&R) Response System Readin...
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Homeland Security National Training Program (HSNTP) - Continuing Tra...