FY20 Flood Mitigation Assistance
The summary for the FY20 Flood Mitigation Assistance grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Homeland Security - FEMA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY20 Flood Mitigation Assistance: The Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) program makes federal funds available to states, U.S. territories, Indian tribal governments, and local communities to reduce or eliminate the risk of repetitive flood damage to buildings and structures insured under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). FEMA will distribute the available FY 20 FMA funding amount ($160,000,000) as follows: Project Scoping (previously Advance Assistance): Project Scoping to develop community flood mitigation projects and/or individual flood mitigation projects that will subsequently reduce flood claims against the NFIP. FEMA will select up to $4 million of Project Scoping subapplications. Community Flood Mitigation Projects: FEMA will select up to $70 million of projects that address community flood risk for the purpose of reducing NFIP flood claim payments. Technical Assistance: Technical Assistance to maintain a viable FMA program over time. To be eligible to apply for Technical Assistance, the Applicant must have received an FY 19 FMA Award of at least $1 million federal share. Flood Hazard Mitigation Planning: Planning subapplications for the flood hazard component of State, Local, Territory, and Tribal (SLTT) Hazard Mitigation Plans and plan updates. Individual Flood Mitigation Projects: Projects that mitigate the risk of flooding to individual NFIP insured structures. Applicants must submit their FY 20 FMA grant Application to FEMA via FEMA Grants Outcomes (FEMA GO) system at https://go.fema.gov/. Applicants may submit a maximum of 1 advanced assistance and 1 community mitigation project sub-application.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY20 Flood Mitigation Assistance|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Homeland Security - FEMA (DHS-DHS)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DHS-20-MT-029-000-99|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 29th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 29th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||August 3rd, 2020|
|Creation Date:||August 3rd, 2020|
|Archive Date:||February 28th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:||$160,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||35|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||August 26th, 2020|
- Category Explanation
- The Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) Program makes available Federal funds to State, Local and Tribal Governments to reduce or eliminate the risk of repetitive flood damage to buildings and structures insured under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- District of Columbia; U.S. Territories. Local governments must apply through their state.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- FEMA Grants Outcomes system
FEMA Grants Outcomes system
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY19 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • FY 2018 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • FY17 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • FY16 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • FY15 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • Fy 2006 Flood Mitigation Assistance Program
- • Flood Mitigation Assistance
- More Grants from the Department of Homeland Security - FEMA
- • Other Needs Assistance - Lost Wages
- • FY20 Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 National Urban Search & Rescue (US&R) Response System Readin...
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Homeland Security National Training Program (HSNTP) - Continuing Tra...