FY2020 NOAA Ruth Gates Coral Restoration Innovation Grants
The summary for the FY2020 NOAA Ruth Gates Coral Restoration Innovation Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY2020 NOAA Ruth Gates Coral Restoration Innovation Grants: PLEASE NOTE: If an applicant mails an application they should also submit the application by email. All emailed applications will need to be verified by the receipt of an application postmarked or submitted to a delivery service by the deadline (March 30, 2020 11:59PM eastern time). Due to the CORVID-19 outbreak and associated closures, the DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION IS EXTENDED BY 10 DAYS. Applications must be received by Grants.gov, postmarked, or provided to a delivery service by 11:59 PM Eastern time on March 30, 2020. This ten-day extension applies to all applicants. The Ruth Gates Coral Restoration Innovation Grants is a tribute to the work and life of Dr. Ruth Gates and aims to build on her efforts to address the decline in coral reefs through innovative science and research. The work funded through this program is aimed at promoting long-term survival of corals by supporting the science needed to incorporate resilient corals into restoration activities and to enhance the efficiency of asexual and sexual coral restoration. The principal objectives of this grant program are to support innovative coral restoration research, to apply these innovative techniques to create resilient, genetically diverse, and reproductively viable populations of coral species, and to support the development of creative methods to improve coral outplanting efficiency and build resilient coral reef ecosystems. Projects funded through the Ruth Gates Restoration Innovation Grants will support: 1) research and development of interventions to improve coral resilience to environmental stressors, and 2) research, development, and field-testing of novel techniques to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of coral population enhancement. Proposals selected for funding through this solicitation will be funded through cooperative agreements. One-year or multi-year awards up to three funding years will be considered. The funding for the second and/or third year (FY21 and/or FY22) will be estimated in the FY20 application, with final amounts determined in future years, pending future federal appropriations and progress towards project milestones. Proposals for multi-year funding should outline the costs expected for year two and/or year three in detail in this proposal (see Section IV.B for more details about the budget narrative for multi-year awards). NOAA anticipates typical federal funding for awards will range from $100,000-$250,000/year for a total $100,000 to $750,000 over one to three years. NOAA will not accept proposals with a federal funding request of less than $100,000 or more than $1,000,000 total over three years. NOAA anticipates approximately $500,000 will be available under this Announcement in FY20. Funds will be administered by the Office of Habitat Conservation in conjunction with the NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP). Funding may be divided among the U.S. Pacific and Atlantic regions to maintain the geographic balance of the CRCP FY20 portfolio overall, as required by the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000. NOAA anticipates an additional $500,000 to $1,500,000 may be available in the next two years (FY21 - FY22) to support selected awards. Awards are dependent upon the amount of funds Congress makes available to NOAA in the FY20 - FY22 budgets.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY2020 NOAA Ruth Gates Coral Restoration Innovation Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment, Natural Resources, Science and Technology and other Research and Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-HCPO-2020-2006361|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 30th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 30th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||January 16th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||January 16th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||April 19th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||March 27th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education, non-profits, commercial (for profit) organizations, U.S. territories, state, local and Native American tribal governments. All in-water work must be conducted within the U.S. coral jurisdictions. Applications from federal agencies or employees of federal agencies will not be considered. Federal agencies are strongly encouraged to work with states, non-governmental organizations, municipal and county governments, and others that are eligible to apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ms. Liz Fairey 301.427.8632 RM14224
1315 East West Hwy, Silver Spring, MD 20910-3282
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY21-22 CRCP State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
- • FY 2020-2021 Coral Reef Conservation Program Non-Governmental Organization Partnership Coo...
- • FY20-21 CRCP International Coral Reef Conservation Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- • FY19 Coral Reef Conservation Program, Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
- • FY19-20 CRCP State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
- • Coral Reef Conservation Program Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
- • Opportunity NOAA-NOS-IPO-2011-2002585
- • Coral Reef Conservation Program State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative ...
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021