FY23 Guidelines for Brownfields Cleanup Grants
The summary for the FY23 Guidelines for Brownfields Cleanup Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY23 Guidelines for Brownfields Cleanup Grants: The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) was amended by the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act in 2002 to include Section 104(k), which provides federal financial assistance authorities for brownfields revitalization, including grants for assessment, cleanup, and revolving loan funds. The Brownfields Utilization, Investment, and Local Development (BUILD) Act (Public Law 115-141) enacted in 2018 reauthorized EPA's Brownfields Program and made additional amendments to CERCLA that affect EPA's brownfield grant authorities, and ownership and liability provisions. EPA's Brownfields Program provides funds to empower states, tribal nations, communities, and nonprofit organizations to prevent, inventory, assess, clean up, and reuse brownfield sites. This guidance provides information on applying for Cleanup Grants. This program is being funded by the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (Public Law 117-58, the “Bipartisan Infrastructure Law”).
|Federal Grant Title:||FY23 Guidelines for Brownfields Cleanup Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)|
|Grant Categories:||Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EPA-I-OLEM-OBLR-22-09|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 22nd, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 22nd, 2022|
|Posted Date:||September 12th, 2022|
|Creation Date:||September 12th, 2022|
|Archive Date:||December 22nd, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:||$60,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$60,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||40|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 12th, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- See Section III of the funding opportunity announcement for eligibility information.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jerry Minor-Gordon
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 23 Guidelines for Brownfield Assessment Grants (Community-Wide Assessment Grants for St...
- • FY23 Guidelines for Brownfield Assessment Grants (Community-Wide Assessment Grants)
- • FY23 Guidelines for Brownfield Multipurpose (MP) Grants
- • FY23 Guidelines for Brownfield Assessment Grants (Assessment Coalition Grants)
- • FY23 Guidelines for Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Grants
- • Proposal Guidelines for Brownfields Assessment, Revolving Loan Fund, and Cleanup Grants
- • 2004 National Brownfields Assessment, Revolving Loan Fund, and Cleanup Grants
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • Fiscal Year 2023 National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program Solicit...
- • 2023 Healthy Communities Grant Program
- • Region 8 Sustainable Materials Management Grant
- • Chesapeake Bay Program Office Fiscal Year 2023 Request for Applications for: Chesapeake Ba...
- • Wildfire Smoke Preparedness in Community Buildings