Farm Bill Public Outreach
The summary for the Farm Bill Public Outreach grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Idaho State Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Farm Bill Public Outreach: Product: Farm Bill Public Outreach Package Overall Goal: ? Promote Farm Bill conservation work and the partnership between NRCS and the Soil & Water Conservation Districts (SWCDs) to a statewide audience of conservation leaders, stakeholders and producers. TSP to focus on East Idaho and primarily on positive work and future opportunities with EQIP, WHIP and CSP. Coordinate with State Public Affairs Specialist to complete a Farm Bill Public Outreach package for East Idaho that can also be adapted for statewide use. Public Outreach Package to Include: ? Series of at least seven Farm Bill success stories for use in the following way: ? News releases sent out to East Idaho media including daily and weekly newspapers, TV and radio stations, agricultural publications and conservation partner newsletters. ? Brief articles and photos in statewide internal and external newsletters, and the Idaho NRCS website. ? Idaho Farm Bill Accomplishments VHS tape & DVD: ? A ten-minute program where Idaho producers talk about the Farm Bill projects on their land. The program will include scenery of successful EQIP and WHIP projects, with references to applicability to CSP. ? The video will be used to show Idaho NRCS accomplishments to key stakeholders (Idaho conservation leaders) and will be distributed to all offices and SWCDs for use in presentations and public meetings. It will provide an inspiring open to CSP public meetings. ? The East Idaho video work will be coordinated by the East Idaho TSP with oversight and statewide coordination from the State Public Affairs Specialist. ? Full-color three-fold CSP brochure. ? Series of full-color glossy conservation practice factsheets. ? Content creation, update, enhancement and promotion of East Idaho SWCD websites. TSP To-Do List: ? Work with NRCS district conservationists and local SWCDs to schedule site visits, producer and conservation partner interviews, and photos of top five EQIP projects in East Idaho, and top two WHIP projects. Work with professional videographer to interview these producers for use in the VHS video/DVD. ? Monthly news releases sent out to East Idaho media including daily and weekly newspapers, TV, radio along with agricultural publications and conservation partner newsletters. ? Four or more feature stories placed in media including producer and conservation partner interviews and photos (can be spin-offs of news releases). ? Quarterly contribution (articles and photos) to Idaho NRCS newsletters?Highlights, Executive Update?and the website. Complimentary Needs: ? Media relations?visit with key East Idaho media on a regular basis. ? Participate in SWCD meetings and EQIP Local Work Group meetings?promote Farm Bill success stories and communications accomplishments. ? Assistance and local coordination for CSP public meetings and statewide outreach plans.
|Federal Grant Title:||Farm Bill Public Outreach|
|Federal Agency Name:||Idaho State Office|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||68-0211-4-93|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Soil and Water Conservation|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 25, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Jun 04, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jul 25, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Jul 25, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The person selected for this project must be a competent writer/communicator with a strong background in broadcast jounalism. They must have a strong background in conservation communication subjects, and they must be familiar with natural conservation policies and issues.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Catherman, Christine, Grants and Agreements Specialist, Phone 208.685.6982, Fax 208.378.5735, Email Chris.email@example.com Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org Catherman, Christine
- Similar Government Grants
- • Watershed Assessments for the National Water Quality Initiative
- • Cooperative Conservation Agreements, Fiscal Year 2020 Announcement for Funding - Massachus...
- • Conservation Technical Assistance in Vermont for Grazing Program
- • Mississippi Conservation Delivery Technical Assistance for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020
- • Announcement for proposals to provide Technical Assistance for Conservation Objectives in ...
- • Statistical and Survey Methods for National Resources Inventory
- • Grazing Land Demonstration Grants
- • Public Outreach for Farm Bill Activities
- More Grants from the Idaho State Office
- • Conservation Innovative Grant
- • Conservation Innovative Grants
- • Conservation Innovative Grant - Maryland NRCS