Food Safety Research: Investigations Focused on Promoting the Safety of Produce
The summary for the Food Safety Research: Investigations Focused on Promoting the Safety of Produce grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the HHS FDA Special, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Food Safety Research: Investigations Focused on Promoting the Safety of Produce: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) maintains an active intramural research program. This research is focused on five primary CFSAN program priorities; ensuring the safety of food, dietary, supplements and cosmetics; improving nutrition; and promoting the security and integrity of the food supply. When resources permit, CFSAN supports extramural research grants intended to help advance these program priorities. The extramural program endeavors to support novel research efforts, expertise, and resources not found within CFSAN. In particular, it is intended that any additional extramural research efforts in food safety will complement the Center's intramural research efforts, and generally enhance the Agency's and the Nation's ability to reduce the incidence of food borne illness and protect the integrity of the nation's food supply.
|Federal Grant Title:||Food Safety Research: Investigations Focused on Promoting the Safety of Produce|
|Federal Agency Name:||HHS FDA Special|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-FD-08-005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Food and Drug Administration_Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 02, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jun 18, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jul 11, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Oct 02, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments For profit organizations other than small businesses County governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) City or township governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education State governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The grants are available to any domestic or foreign, public or private, for-profit or nonprofit entity (including State and local units of government). Federal agencies that are not part of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) may apply; Agencies that are part of HHS may not apply. For profit entities must commit to excluding fees or profit in their request for support to receive grant awards. Organizations that engage in lobbying activities, as described in section 501 (c) (4) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1968, are not eligible to receive grant awards.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Marc Pitts
Senior Grants Management Spec
Phone 301-827-7162 Marc.Pitts@FDA.HHS.GOV Marc.Pitts@FDA.HHS.GOV
- Similar Government Grants
- • FDA Support for Conferences and Scientific Meetings (R13 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Drug Development Tools Research Grants (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Rare Disease Clinical Outcome Assessment Consortium (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Cigar Tobacco Reference Products Program (UC2) Clinical Trials Not Allowed
- • Implementation of U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act - Identifying, Researching, and Imple...
- • Support for Small Scientific Conference Grant Program
- • Cooperative Agreement to Support the World Health Organization (WHO) International Program...
- • Clinical Studies of Safety and Effectiveness of Orphan Products
- More Grants from the HHS FDA Special
- • Food Safety and Security Monitoring Project
- • Ruminant Feed Ban Support Project
- • Innovative Food Defense Projects
- • Food Protection Rapid Response Team and Program Infrastructure Improvement Prototype Proje...
- • Food Protection Task Force Conference