Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate Fellowship Grants
The summary for the Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate Fellowship Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate Fellowship Grants: This grant program supports: (1) training students for Master's and doctoral degrees in food, agricultural and natural resource sciences, and; (2) Special International Study or Thesis/Dissertation Research Travel Allowances (IRTA) for eligible USDA NNF beneficiaries. Awards are specifically intended to support traineeship programs that engage outstanding students to pursue and complete their degrees in USDA mission areas. Applicants provide clarity about the philosophy of their graduate training, and relevance to USDA mission sciences, NIFA priorities and national science education policies and statistics. Applications are being solicited from institutions that confer a graduate degree in at least one of the following Targeted Expertise Shortage Areas: 1) animal and plant production; 2) forest resources; 3) agricultural educators and communicators; 4) agricultural management and economics; 5) food science and human nutrition; 6) sciences for agricultural biosecurity; and 7) training in integrative biosciences for sustainable food and agricultural systems.
|Federal Grant Title:||Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate Fellowship Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-HEP-003849|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate Fellowship Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 15, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 14, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jun 14, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Sep 14, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,240,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$262,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$4,500|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Pursuant to section 1417 of the NARETPA of 1977 (99 Stat. 1548; 7 U.S.C. 3152), and administrative provisions that can be found at 7 CFR 340 (http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_05/7cfr3402_05.html) applications may be submitted by: (1) Land-grant institutions including the University of the District of Columbia; (2) Colleges and universities having significant minority enrollments and a demonstrable capacity to carry out the teaching of food and agricultural sciences; and (3) Other colleges and universities having a demonstrable capacity to carry out the teaching of food, and agricultural sciences. Research foundations maintained by an eligible college or university are eligible to submit graduate training proposals under this RFA. Applicants should be institutions that confer a graduate degree in at least one of the Targeted Expertise Shortage Areas (TESA). Award recipients may subcontract to organizations not eligible to apply provided such organizations are necessary for the conduct of the project.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content [email@example.com ]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate and Postgraduate Fellowship (NNF) G...
- • National Needs Graduate Fellowships Grants Program
- • National Needs Graduate Fellowships Program
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grants Program
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program
- • Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA
- • Distance Education Grants Program for Institutions of Higher Education in Insular Areas (D...
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Pre-Applications