Frontiers in Earth System Dynamics
The summary for the Frontiers in Earth System Dynamics grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Frontiers in Earth System Dynamics: The Earth is often characterized as "dynamic" because its systems are variable over space and time, and they can respond rapidly to multiple perturbations. The goals of the Frontiers in Earth System Dynamics (FESD) program are to: (1) foster an inter-disciplinary and multi-scale understanding of the interplay among and within the various sub-systems of the Earth, (2) catalyze research in areas poised for a major advance, (3) improve data resolution and modeling capabilities to more realistically simulate complex processes and forecast disruptive or threshold events, and (4) improve knowledge of the resilience of the Earth and its subsystems.
|Federal Grant Title:||Frontiers in Earth System Dynamics|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||12-547|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 04, 2013 Preliminary|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 02, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Mar 21, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jul 16, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Apr 04, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$28,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- *Organization Limit: Proposals may only be submitted by the following: -Non-profit, non-academic organizations: Independent museums, observatories, research labs, professional societies and similar organizations in the U.S. associated with educational or research activities. -Universities and Colleges - Universities and two- and four-year colleges (including community colleges) accredited in, and having a campus located in the US, acting on behalf of their faculty members. Such organizations also are referred to as academic institutions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NSF grants.gov support firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Linguistics: Dynamic Language Infrastructure-Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Gr...
- • NSF Dynamic Language Infrastructure - NEH Documenting Endangered Languages
- • Oceanographic Facilities and Equipment Support
- • Antarctic Research
- • Long-Term Ecological Research
- • Solar, Heliospheric, and INterplanetary Environment (SHINE)
- • Geoscience Education
- • Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure
- • Macrosystems Biology and NEON-Enabled Science
- • Transitions to Excellence in Molecular and Cellular Biosciences Research
- • Political Science
- • EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations ...