GLNF-CESU- Interpretation of Ecosystem Vulnerability Assessment- APIS
The summary for the GLNF-CESU- Interpretation of Ecosystem Vulnerability Assessment- APIS grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
GLNF-CESU- Interpretation of Ecosystem Vulnerability Assessment- APIS: 1. Interpret the vulnerabilities of the Park and projected changes to terrestrial ecosystems and animal communities as identified by the APIS Vulnerability Assessment to visitors, community members, youth and educator audiences to encourage beneficial behavioral change as stewards of Park resources. 2. Incorporate Traditional Ecological Knowledge (TEK) with vulnerability assessment research to create culturally relevant interpretive messages and educational outreach. 3. Train teachers to engage students in citizen science and community-based mitigation and adaptation projects to increase resiliency based on APIS Vulnerability Assessment. Information will be shared to increase public awareness; scientific community will gain new knowledge; project assists in understand of natural resources. This is the interpretive component of a larger project initiated in the fall of 2017 to identify and understand vulnerabilities of the parks ecosystems, and share that information with staff and the public. A park vulnerability assessment and demonstration project will provide the information and a teacher workshop will generate the best methods to share this knowledge.
|Federal Grant Title:||GLNF-CESU- Interpretation of Ecosystem Vulnerability Assessment- APIS|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Education Employment Labor and Training Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-NOIP19AC00039|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 25th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 25th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||March 15th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||March 15th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||April 24th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$125,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$125,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 15th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS- This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Noel A Miller
Grants Management Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area