Geospace Environment Modeling
The summary for the Geospace Environment Modeling grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Geospace Environment Modeling: GEM is a broad-based, community-initiated research program on the physics of the Earth's magnetosphere and the coupling of the magnetosphere to the atmosphere and to the solar wind. The purpose of the GEM program is to support basic research into the dynamical and structural properties of geospace, leading to the construction of a global Geospace General Circulation Model (GGCM) with predictive capability. The exact structure of a GGCM may be modular or may consist of a "spine" such as a global MDH model with links to special modules. The strategy for achieving GEM goals is to create a series of Focus Groups, each of which addresses a specific problem in understanding and modeling the magnetosphere. More information on the structure of the GEM program, the currently active Focus Groups, and the mechanism for creating a new Focus Group can be found at the GEMwiki web site.
|Federal Grant Title:||Geospace Environment Modeling|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||10-510|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 15, 2010 Full|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 15, 2010 Full|
|Posted Date:||Nov 27, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Nov 27, 2009|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NSF grants.gov email@example.com
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Linguistics: Dynamic Language Infrastructure-Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Gr...
- • NSF Dynamic Language Infrastructure - NEH Documenting Endangered Languages
- • Oceanographic Facilities and Equipment Support
- • Antarctic Research
- • Long-Term Ecological Research
- • Solar, Heliospheric, and INterplanetary Environment (SHINE)
- • Geoscience Education
- • Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure
- • Macrosystems Biology and NEON-Enabled Science
- • Transitions to Excellence in Molecular and Cellular Biosciences Research
- • Political Science
- • EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations ...