Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Across the Lifespan: Exploratory Research (R21 Clinical Trials Optional)
The summary for the Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Across the Lifespan: Exploratory Research (R21 Clinical Trials Optional) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Across the Lifespan: Exploratory Research (R21 Clinical Trials Optional): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) supports planning, design and initial pilots for locally relevant and catalytic research on non-communicable diseases (NCDs) or injury in low and middle-income countries (LMICs). Research addressing multiple NCDs and their risk factors and research addressing NCDs as comorbidities for/with infectious diseases including HIV/AIDS is encouraged. Scientists in the United States (U.S.) or upper middle income countries (UMICs) are eligible to partner with scientists in LMIC institutions. Income categories used are defined by the World Bank at http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-classifications/country-and-lending-groups. Pilot activities and research are expected to inform the development of more comprehensive research programs that contribute to the long-term goals of building sustainable research capacity in LMICs to address NCDs and injury throughout life and to lead to diagnostics, prevention, treatment and implementation strategies. The proposed work may also contribute to developing a base for research networking and evidence-based policy beyond the specific research project.
|Federal Grant Title:||Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Across the Lifespan: Exploratory Research (R21 Clinical Trials Optional)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-19-059|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.113, 93.213, 93.242, 93.307, 93.313, 93.321, 93.867|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||December 13th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||December 13th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||November 7th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||November 7th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||January 18th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 7th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed. See FOA for full eligibility details.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...