Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (84.200A)
The summary for the Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (84.200A) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (84.200A): .Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: This program provides fellowships in areas of national need to assist graduate students with excellent academic records who demonstrate financial need and plan to pursue the highest degree available in their courses of study. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.200A. Applications for grants under the Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need Competition-- CFDA Number 84.200A must be submitted electronically using the Grants.gov Apply site at: http://www.grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for the Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need Program at: http://www.grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search.
|Federal Grant Title:||Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (84.200A)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-091106-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 20, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Sep 11, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Sep 11, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Dec 20, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,725,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||45|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Academic departments of institutions of higher education that meet the requirements in 34 CFR 648.2.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Willard Johnson
Phone (202) 245-6148
U.S. Department of Education
Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need Program
1990 K Street, NW.,
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GA...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education; Overview Information Graduate Assistance in Areas of Na...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education; Overview Information; Graduate Assistance in Areas of N...
- • Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need
- • Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need Program
- • Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...