Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need Program
The summary for the Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters and Regional Offices, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need Program: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. This program provides fellowships, through institutions of higher education, in designated areas of national need to assist graduate students with excellent records who demonstrate financial need and plan to pursue the highest degree available in their courses of study. For FY 2004, the competition focuses on projects designed to meet the priority we describe in the PRIORITY section of the official application notice. Eligible Applicants: Institutions of higher education. CFDA No. 84.200A--Office of Postsecondary Education; Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Program. The original official application notice was published in the August 12, 2003 edition of the Federal Register at the following url: http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/12aug20030800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2003/pdf/03-20520.pdf The Secretary reopens the deadline dates for the transmittal of applications for several competitions. All of the affected competitions are among those under which the Secretary is making new awards for fiscal year (FY) 2004. The Secretary takes this action to allow more time for the preparation and transmittal of applications by potential applicants from a county designated a disaster area due to the California wildfires. The extension and reopening of these deadline dates are intended to help the potential applicants compete fairly with other applicants under these programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters and Regional Offices|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-080403-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 07, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Nov 10, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Dec 14, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Dec 14, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Cotton, Julius, ED FedGrants Administrator, Phone (202) 708-8562, Fax (202) 205-0667, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Cotton, Julius
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GA...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education; Overview Information Graduate Assistance in Areas of Na...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education; Overview Information; Graduate Assistance in Areas of N...
- • Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need
- • Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Program
- • Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (84.200A)
- More Grants from the Headquarters and Regional Offices
- • Special Focus Competition: European Community-United States of America Cooperation Program...
- • Early Reading First Program
- • Charter Schools Program (CSP)
- • Teaching American History Grant Program
- • Small Business Innovation Research Program--Phase I