Graduate Psychology Education (GPE) Program
The summary for the Graduate Psychology Education (GPE) Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Graduate Psychology Education (GPE) Program: The purpose of this program is to train doctoral health psychology students, interns, and post-doctoral residents to provide integrated, interdisciplinary, behavioral health and Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and other Substance Use Disorder (SUD) 2 prevention and treatment services in high need and high demand areas. The program also supports faculty development of health service psychology. For purposes of this NOFO, high need and high demand areas are identified by two defined sources: o County of experiential training site location has less than 10 licensed psychologists per 100,000 population as found in the APA County Level Analysis of US Licensed Psychologists o Experiential training site is located in a Mental Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) or that are Facility Mental HPSAs with a score of 16 or above as found in the HPSA Find Tool. The overarching goal of the program is to prepare and build capacity of the doctoral health psychology workforce, to provide mental/behavioral health care, including OUD and other SUD prevention and treatment services, in high need and high demand areas.
|Federal Grant Title:||Graduate Psychology Education (GPE) Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-19-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 7th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 7th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||March 8th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||March 8th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||July 6th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$18,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||40|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 8th, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible entities are APA-accredited doctoral schools and programs of health service psychology, APA-accredited doctoral internships in professional psychology, and APA-accredited post-doctoral residency programs in practice psychology.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Andrea G. Battle, Ph.D. at (301)443-1928 or email GPE@hrsa.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Patient Navigator Outreach and Chronic Disease Prevention Program
- • Graduate Psychology Education Program
- • Graduate Psychology Education Programs
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care