Grand Valley Power Plant Rehabilitation - Switch Gears, Controls, and Electrical
The summary for the Grand Valley Power Plant Rehabilitation - Switch Gears, Controls, and Electrical grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Grand Valley Power Plant Rehabilitation - Switch Gears, Controls, and Electrical: The Grand Valley Power Plant (Plant) was constructed near the town of Palisade, Colorado in the early 1930s by the United States through the Bureau of Reclamation and since that time it has received few upgrades. The Plant is still currently owned by Reclamation and operated by the Orchard Mesa Irrigation District (District) and Grand Valley Water Users Association (Association) under a Lease of Power Privilege (LOPP) with Reclamation. The continued operation of the Plant is critical to Colorado River operations as it is located at the beginning of the 15 Mile Reach, which hosts fish currently on the Endangered Species list. The Endangered Species Act obligates the Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) to avoid jeopardizing the continued existence of fish on the Endangered Species list in the 15-Mile Reach of the Colorado River. Reclamation relies on project power water rights to meet these obligations, which is needed for the continued operation of the Plant. The Plant is in critical need of over $5 million of major renovations to bring it up to current safety and operational standards. One of the two turbines is currently out of service. Most of the facility's components are over 80 years old, significantly past their useful life, and repair parts are no longer available. The work from this grant is crucial to avoiding the Plant shut down in the near future, thereby risking Reclamation's project water right and Reclamation's ability to avoid jeopardizing the continued existence of the fish on the Endangered Species list.
|Federal Grant Title:||Grand Valley Power Plant Rehabilitation - Switch Gears, Controls, and Electrical|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation (DOI-BOR)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BOR-UC-17-N016|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 25th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 25th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||August 11th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||August 11th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 24th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 11th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Orchard Mesa Irrigation District
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Richard Pew
Grants Management Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • Linking morpho-dynamic and biological-habitat conditions on the Middle Rio Grande
- • Upper Colorado and San Juan River Recovery Program Database Development
- • Museum Curation of San Juan River Fish Samples
- • Installation and Development of Methods and Analyses for PIT Tag Antennas
- • Food Habitat Study of Channel Catfish in the San Juan River
- • Development of a Stationary Pit Tag Detection System for use in the Colorado River Basin a...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • Middle Entiat Habitat Restoration Area C and F
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2...
- • Enhanced Acoustic Tagging, Analysis, and Real-time Monitoring of Wild and Hatchery Salmoni...
- • Decontamination Units to Prevent Further Dreissenid Mussels Introduction and Spread in Cal...
- • Delta Education and Outreach Projects