HEAL Initiative: Early Phase Pain Investigation Clinical Network - Data Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trials Not Allowed)
The summary for the HEAL Initiative: Early Phase Pain Investigation Clinical Network - Data Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
HEAL Initiative: Early Phase Pain Investigation Clinical Network - Data Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trials Not Allowed): The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to invite applications for the Data Coordinating Center (DCC) of the Early Phase Pain Investigation Clinical Network (EPPIC-Net). EPPIC-Net will serve as the cornerstone of the NIHs Helping to End Addiction Long-term (HEAL) Partnership. EPPIC-Net will provide a robust and readily accessible infrastructure for carrying out in depth phenotyping and biomarker studies in patients with specific pain conditions, and the rapid design and performance of high-quality Phase 2 clinical trials to test promising novel therapeutics for pain from partners in academia or industry. Studies will bring intense focus to patients with well-defined pain conditions and high unmet therapeutic needs. EPPIC-Net will consist of one Clinical Coordinating Center (CCC), one Data Coordinating Center (DCC) and approximately 10 specialized clinical centers (hubs). As the main data manager for pain research in the HEAL Initiative, the EPPIC-Net DCC will host and manage clinical, neuroimaging, biomarker, omics, and preclinical data from EPPIC-Net and other components of the HEAL Initiatives pain research program. The DCC will also make these data and clinical biosamples available to the research community to advance the science of pain. Lastly,the DCC will provide leadership in the statistical design and analysis of EPPIC-Net studies, and the systems and processes for data collection, management, quality assurance and reporting. This FOA solicits applications for the EPPIC-Net Data Coordinating Center (DCC). Separate FOAs have been issued to solicit applications for the Clinical Coordinating Center (RFA-NS-18-036) and Specialized Clinical Centers (RFA-NS-18-037). Clinical trials conducted through EPPIC-Net may come from a variety of sources including the HEAL initiative, as described above, or from separate NIH funding announcements.
|Federal Grant Title:||HEAL Initiative: Early Phase Pain Investigation Clinical Network - Data Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trials Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-NS-19-024|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.121, 93.213, 93.279, 93.393, 93.847, 93.853, 93.867|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 6th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 6th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||December 10th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||December 10th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||March 14th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 10th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...