Head Start Replacement Grantee: Newark, New Jersey
The summary for the Head Start Replacement Grantee: Newark, New Jersey grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Head Start Replacement Grantee: Newark, New Jersey: The Administration for Children and Families solicits applications from local public or private non-profit organizations, including faith-based organizations or local for-profit organizations, that wish to compete for funds that are available to provide Head Start services to children and families residing in Newark, New Jersey. The intent of this announcement is to provide for the continuation of services as previously provided by the former grantee, Friendly Fuld Head Start. Funds in the amount of $1,036,544 annually will be available to provide Head Start program services to eligible children and their families. The former grantee was funded for a total enrollment of 123 children and families. Interested applicants should call the ACYF Operations Center at (866) 796-1591 to receive pre-application materials and additional information. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate collaboration with the New Jersey State Abbott Preschool Program under this announcement. Please see the APPENDIX of this announcement for Abbott Preschool Guidelines. ACF welcomes public comments from parents and area residents in the service area under this announcement. The intent of the public comment is not to solicit support for a specific applicant but to inform ACF about the needs of the service area in general. Comments should be sent to the ACYF Operations Center. Eligibility is limited to local public or private non-profit organizations, including faith-based organizations or local for-profit organizations in the community, that can provide Head Start services to children and families residing in Newark, New Jersey.
|Federal Grant Title:||Head Start Replacement Grantee: Newark, New Jersey|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2008-ACF-OHS-CH-0204|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Head Start|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 09, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 09, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Apr 14, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Apr 14, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jul 09, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,036,544|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,036,544|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Additional eligibility types: Local Governments Regional Organizations Indian/Native American Tribally Designated Organizations Hispanic-Serving Institutions Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions Eligibility is limited to local public or private non-profit organizations, including faith-based organizations or local for-profit organizations in the community, that can provide Head Start services to children and families residing in Newark, New Jersey. Faith-based and community organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign entities are not eligible under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Shawna PinckneyOHS@dixongroup.com
Shawna Pinckney [OHS@dixongroup.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Head Start/Early Head Start Recipient -- Communities in the state of North Dakota
- • Head Start/Early Head Start Recipient -- Communities in the state of Texas
- • Head Start/Early Head Start Recipient -- Communities in the state of New Jersey
- • Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Dissertation Grants
- • Secondary Analyses of Head Start Data
- • Head Start University Partnership Research Grants: Strategies for Developing Teacher Effec...
- • Head Start Replacement Grantee(s): Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Greene, Jackson, Lee, Poi...
- • Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program: Implementation and Exp...
- • Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program: Development and Implem...
- • American Rescue Plan Act Emergency Native Language Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • U.S. Repatriation Program
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population